All Topics / General Property / Forum visitors in decline

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)
  • Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I don’t think the government wants property prices to fall, I think they just don’t want them to rise as much as they have done… ie take the heat out of the market… it’s an economic management thing… I don’t think the government would be overjoyed to see masses of people with negative equity and struggling. The property sector, like all economic sectors moves in cycles… and it doesn’t necessarily take government or media manipulation to make it happen. Anyway, the media has bugger all interest in which way the property market goes, but we’ve had that discussion before…

cheers
    r

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Mini

Tell us something we dont know. Its the herd who pays $1200 for Steves courses and its those courses and Books that pay for this web site. Once the herd starts loosing money and becomes disillusioned then the real players can make more money.

Why dont you have a 100 word limit.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hmmm interesting…

I think that people get to a point where they lose interest and move on to other things. A handful of people remain who form the fabric of the site.

In terms of the market… those with skill will rise to the top whereas the speculators will find the going very tough.

This forum may or may not become quiet… but it will stay here for the seasoned investors who are interested in sticking with property because they know that opportunity exists in every market.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Mini,

im gonna have to call you the Cash Flow Queen…. come to the darkside… with sis, the Evil Negative Gearer… and let me hypmotize and posses your thoughts…. so you too can be an evil negative gearer…

but, on another note… how come you dont have a 100 word limit…? my one was limited some time before…. dont know why… but could not write long posts.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Richmond,

I agree, I don’t think the government’s aim is to lower house prices; it’s focus (apart from winning votes) is to make housing “more affordable” thereby introducing additional incentives (FHOGs)for those entering the market to go out and buy.

As for the media, it’s level of influence, is minimal, but for those (few) who base investing their hard earned dollars soley on reports from media coverage, these people are nothing more than sheep IMO.

Jo

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I have been here since the start (and on wealthtipsonline before that). I notice that when Steve’s book came out the site went crazy. I used to read everypost, but now can only manage to read a few of them.

Now that the book has been out a while, sales are probably dropping off and therefore so are the numbers of new people popping in here.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Yack,

I like debate, but some of your posts are super-negative at the moment…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of Matt BMatt B
    @matt-b

Hi Mini,

CF+ve properties will start popping up again in Aus all over the place. That’s my prediction, anyway.

This is what I’m wishing for, so I really hope you’re right. For me, I see this as a great opportunity to break into the local market. I missed the most recent cycle (boom) as I was relatively young and didn’t have finance in place. However, the current (apparent) downturn will be the perfect entry point to look forward to the next upswing.

Isn’t everyone excited?? There’ll be so many more good deals around and property investing will become that much easier (less competition). I can’t wait!!
    [biggrin]
    Matt

Profile photo of HHHHHH
    @hhh

On the original topic, I for one will be sticking around. I really owe a lot to this forum and the somersoft one.

For newbies they are an awesome resource of information. I only own one IP so I don’t as yet have a lot to offer myself but hopefully in the near future I will also be able to help some of the newer people.

I wouldn’t get discouraged about having slow times on the forum. We all go through busy times in our life. Currently I am finalising a purchase of my first business and have madly been getting everything organised over the last few weeks. This has meant that I don’t get as much time to spend as I did initially, but I still find the time to check out the lastest posts.

So I guess guys, just because we are not posting doesn’t mean we are not here.

So thanks to Steve and the all you guys for providing such a supportive and informative resource for those of us that share a common passion.

Thank you all very much – and please, keep it going.[biggrin]

HHH

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Huu… well, nice going everyone, I seem to have touched a nerve.
    Some melancholic, others hopeful, some more steady.

Perhaps its time to remember that, “we are what we think”.
    We shape our future with our thought. We can think and talk ourselves into recession / depression, or we can think and talk ourself into opportunities and success.

How many of you have written down goals, who reads them daily, who has a “prosperity map”?

May God prosper you always.[biggrin]
    Marc

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Westan
    perhaps the number of visitors is in decline because of the inversely increasing numbers of crappy posts. Have a good look at the posts made by some members here. There are a host of posts that derail the original thread, hijack the thread topic, and as a bonus insult other forum members along the way. No wonder some of the ‘herd’ (thanks Yack got that from you) are staying away (for those unable to read between the lines, read it out here: quit posting nasty posts with pointed little bits in them that have a go at others.) If you don’t like a reply, don’t say anything, unless your response is decent. Its OK to disagree, just don’t be a pratt about it.
    So Westan, that’s why I think some people stay away, they can’t be bothered scrolling through trash to find the information they need to succeed out there.
    CD

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

“I don’t think the government wants property prices to fall”

I disagree- I read somewhere that they actually do want them to fall, (gently of course, they don’t want to trigger a full-scale crash of course)- but they are concerned that the battlers can’t afford their own home any more – affordability is down.

Hence all their ‘moves’ of late. Australian property is overvalued on a world perspective…i guess the government want to put the brakes on.

Now SIS, I have never thought I would never negative gear in my life. It’s just that I wouldn’t do it *now* in *australia* at the end of a boom, when prices could stay pretty average for quite a few years and possibly even drop further.
    Negative gearing only ‘creates wealth’ if the gains that you are getting are outweighing the losses you make week to week. I am not convinced that the climate will be right to neg gear for capital gain in Aus for ages. And meanwhile I’m snapping up CF+ve to increase my passive income, so that should the day come when I feel we’re about to zoom ahead for a big growth spurt once again, I will be ready with the serviceability (i.e. income) to support any neg geared properties I may *consider* without any loss of lifestyle – my portfolio overall will remain +ve.

If you and others want to buy negatively geared properties for growth now, then so be it – it’s your money in the end and your decision. I’m only sharing my decisions with you.

now. about this 100 word limit, AFAIK I have no ‘special privileges’ -hehe apart from my blindingly fast Mac, over a gig of RAM, and cable access..
    so SIS -try increasing the amount of RAM allocated to your web-browser, that might let you type more words.

Any other problems with people finding my posts too long or challenging, just SKIP reading them! Easy!

I’ll know who can keep up, by your responses.

re yack – “Mini -Tell us something we dont know.”

I’ll try! But help me..tell me what you don’t know (if anything) and I’ll try and bear that in mind in the future.

joy to the world

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

CD said: If you don’t like a reply, don’t say anything, unless your response is decent.

My reply: “…………………………..!”
    and that is all I will say!

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars
    Originally posted by RussH:

I think they become moderators and stop posting.I used to enjoy Chan$ posts but never see them since he got promoted.

I don’t post much these day because like Celivia said I can’t access it from work. Furthermore, I don’t want to buy anymore property at this stage, therefore, I don’t read much of property related topics as much as before. The reason I don’t want to buy anymore because I already achieved my goal in property investing that I set for myself 3.5 years ago. So now I move on to my next goal which is share investing (long term) and trading (short term, option trading).

When I have spare time I do research into share market because I intent to trade shares as soon as I am ready and set up a trding plan.

Because this forum only discuss about property, therefore I have to look for site where shares trading topics are discuss.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

“I don’t think the government wants property prices to fall”

Correct. You will find rising interest rates are more associated with managing inflation and other fiscal issues not necessarily related to property values or “affordable” housing.

If any government introduced fiscal policy to “reduce” property values, the impact on institutional lenders – in most cases the government – and foreign investment could send the economy [and currency] into a downward spiral.

The Australian and even more so New Zealand economies are reliant on foreign investment [and competitive interest rates]. A considerable portion of this foreign investment is directed into property to offset higher risk short-term investments, such as technology, infrastructure and the stock markets.

This foreign investment plays a critical role [from a wider economic perspective] in home owners being able to generate capital growth.

Higher interest rates, etc, “may” reduce sales activity in the short term – affordable housing or otherwise, and may impact demand to some extent. But do not expect prices to drop [to any great extent].

New Zealand for example is still significantly undervalued in most regions – looking at a 3-5 year outlook, and although Australia has reached a plateau, it too offers an abundance of investment opportunities – which will ensure property values continue to increase over time.

Property values are controled by the marketplace – supply and demand. For as long as there is supply, there will always be demand to sustain value. Investment strategies will simply evolve with changing economic conditions.

— Michael

Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Wow, that was interesting.

I haven’t been around much (I just pop in and out from time to time) as I started loosing interest in the content before I moved and then had no access for a month and still find the general content uninspiring, same questions, insults and now totally unrelated topics such as tips for studying “hello!”

The forum does indeed ebb and flow with many characters along the way, always keep in mind that this forum is for serious property investors and they will always be around – maybe just lurking [fear]. I for one will be around for the long term.

Cheers
    Leigh K

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

Hi all
    I have been quiet for a few reasons. Firstly, same old questions and answers. Secondly, there are a few people here giving poor advice to others and whenever posters like myself try give a bit of balanced advice we get shot down. An example of this was when some people gave bad advice about what to claim to reduce tax, some months back. I felt much of this was not being done in total honesty and when I suggest this, got shot down. Lastly, I find some posters grasp of English a bit on the shaky side and get very frustrated with the grammatical errors that change the intended meaning of the posts (either intentionally or unintentionally, I cant tell).
    Oh well, I guess I am just becoming a grumpy old fart!

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by richmond:

I don’t think the government wants property prices to fall, I think they just don’t want them to rise as much as they have done… ie take the heat out of the market… it’s an economic management thing… I don’t think the government would be overjoyed to see masses of people with negative equity and struggling. The property sector, like all economic sectors moves in cycles… and it doesn’t necessarily take government or media manipulation to make it happen. Anyway, the media has bugger all interest in which way the property market goes, but we’ve had that discussion before…

cheers
    r

Richmond , I take it u dont think that people in the media have investments in Real Estate?

I think the media does try to influence politics, and the market in many ways and moslty for their own gain.

Im not talking about the average journalist here im thinking much higher then that.

Regards Bear

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Ouch Houses. I think people who have a language other than English should be encouraged on here. Sometimes, people love forums like this because it;s a chance to practice their english writing skills. As a person who only has 1 language, I admire those who have more than one.

Houses, I agree with you that people get narky when there are discussions of ethics. But narkiness, when expressed respectfully, just makes up the mix or richness of the forum. It’s so good to have a balance!

kay henry

Profile photo of HousesOnlyHousesOnly
    Participant
    @housesonly

Kay
    I too agree with you about admiring the English as a second language peoples attempts to speak our language. This is not the issue for me. The issue was about some people seeming to deliberately place a different meaning on some of their posts in order to (in my opinion) avoid answering the questions asked of them (much like politicians do). They play dumb in other words when they know quite well what they are saying.
    Secondly, although I admire these people trying English, this is a serious investors forum and not English classes.

Viewing 20 posts - 21 through 40 (of 76 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.