All Topics / Help Needed! / A Builder falling over with my money

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

Help ,help, Help ,My son decided to buy a block of land and contracted Cavalier homes on the Gold coast to build it….
    after 6 months the council said the house was not acceptable on the land , so we and the build Cavalier resubmited a second plan .. The council said yes submit the full documents,
    telephoned Cavalier today , asking ok whats taking so long? the Manager said I have just been told today that I am out of work and all contracts will be canciled.,,,You will get a letter in the post….question where do We stand, what about the $10.000 deposit all contracts where signed. but it seems The Gold coast franshize have said …see you later aligator.
    I.m not feeling so EZY[buz2][withstupid]

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen
    Originally posted by ezy.home.loans23320:

question where do We stand, what about the $10.000 deposit all contracts where signed. but it seems The Gold coast franshize have said …see you later aligator.
    I.m not feeling so EZY[buz2][withstupid]

I’m sorry to hear about that.. did you ask the person you spoke to those questions?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Ezt,

Ring the Queensland Building Regulatory Authority (or whatever it is called in Q) and/or MOFT to see where you stand.

In my experience of building houses in Queensland and also in WA the first payment for building costs takes place with the completion of the slab.

All the best with the matter – I trust it is resolved to your son’s satisfaction.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

although the company was registared in Qld it had a licence to build in NSW which is where the property is, A friend said to see a solicitor and file a writ , but untill we get the letter we can not do any thing . The $10.000 was to start the building process. rolling[ down hill evidently]
    thought I should let others know. and yes we will be asking questions to Cavalier builders and I may even get physical . No I wont be exercising or dancing. unless its on some ones toes. EZY is hurting [wacko]I suppose They could have started and collected a lot more money , in the bigger scheme of things $10.000 is not to much , a little less in the pocket and egg on my face[blush2] I have not earned any thing but I have definatly learned a lesson[buz2]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.