All Topics / Creative Investing / unit purchase

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

I have not bought units before, so I’m not sure whats required…The units are being offered at $700000 7x1bedroom double garages, the rents are not great at $130 each or there abouts , If I was to strata them what would the cost be ? any one have an idea[ a edumakated guess]I know I could sell them for $175k profit..as the town is screaming for cheaper homes and units , as every thing in the cheaper price rang sells before the
    property is 2 days old.and with the new south wales stamp duty law, people are looking to buy.
    Its only Ezy when you know how[buz2]

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

I like little blocks of units. That one sounds very expensive relative to the returns, though. At $100K each for a one bedder, the location must be good – capital city? ocean views?. There was string in the forum not so long ago about converting blocks to strata title. Not sure whether a definitive list could be put together from the comments. First stop would be the council. You’ll need a strata plan. You’re going to need seperate water and power meters. It will have to conform to the relevant fire code – this can be a costly one. They’re the most obvious ones.

Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

Thanks, yeh I thought I could get them cheaper no they are not in a capital city or with views
    but a reasonable town on the north coast, which is where I have been mostly looking.and I will check with the council… 2xbed room units are selling for around 220k …my thoughts where…if any one is trying to get into the buying market for their own first home and they can not afford a house ,a small reasonable cheap unit might be what they are looking for [buz2]always happy to get a reply[biggrin]

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.