All Topics / Help Needed! / Body Corp. – Does it include building Insurance ?

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Kay,

lol… trust me i have insurance, for nearly every different aspect… lol… thats one thing im always complaining about, just my main concern was, i really wanted to know what the corp. body exactly covers, and what it doesn’t cover…

honestly, i dont want to sound like a money holder… but i dont want to pay for anything extra or twice… if its already cover by the corp. body…

Cheers,
    sis

ps… its 15 now

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Thanks all for your replies, etc. Derek actually hit my question on the head. Yes it is ‘rental vacancy’ that I’m concerned about. I think the Investors club had some sort of policy where they would cover a % of lost rent during a vacancy period, however ASIC banned it. I apologize if my question wasn’t as specific to my query. I have all the other insurances, etc. Kay, thanks again for your reply as you not only give good advice, but very detailed as well.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi MA,

Such between tenancy cover was uniquely available, as Gatsby indicated, for Investors Club members for Club purchased property.

The rental coverage program, called No Tenant No Problem, had previously been approved by APRA (Australian Prudential Regulatory Authority) and was entirely optional. Fees were proportional to the expected rent and were also affected by the tenancy status of the property at purchase time.

A change in jurisdiction saw the program fall under ASIC’s Managed Investment Act and was challenged on this basis.

Despite there never being one complaint about the program the court ruled in favour of ASIC and the program ceased for individual investors as their 12 month fee period expired.

In response to member enquiries we are currently in discussions with the relevant authorities to reinstitute a similar program as soon as possible.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Viewing 3 posts - 21 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.