All Topics / Help Needed! / property management fees

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

Well if other people out there are getting PM fees at 5% I wouldn’t even go with the real estate firm I work for!!!!!!![upsidedown] At the moment I would, and in the beginning I will because I am working here PM fees are 0% BUT when I become “financially independant” at 11% I think I will be going elsewhere……they won’t be happy..[grrr]….but at 11% I will be saying stiff sh*t gotta look out for number one![lmao]

-Blondie[cowboy]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Well… sometimes you get what you pay for though.
    You’d have to check out how many properties each manager is actually looking after. Personally, I’d rather pay a little bit more for good service than pay less to an burnt-out manager who is too busy to act promptly.
    I am very happy with my PM. They never bother me; if there’s a problem, I hear about it after it’s already been solved.
    I like that!!![biggrin]

Profile photo of rusty_2rusty_2
    @rusty_2

I guess that one problem with investing in country areas is that we are limited to the few PMs and the fact that there isnt enough competition to force them to have to be cheaper

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

In Canberra they all start at 10% + GST, and you have to talk them down from there. I’m paying 7.5% + GST for 5 properties at the moment, which is 10 times better in service and quality than my 6.6% (inc) previous manager, that charged me $40 per ad twice a week, $77 for an inventory, 1 week + GST letting fee, 2 weeks termination fee!!!!!, $10 per statement per property, and god knows what else. Plus they sucked big time!!

In QLD I think we’ve always (11 years) been charged 7.5%, and a friend gets charged anywhere from 6.5 – 8 % (3 diff agencies)

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 4 posts - 21 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.