All Topics / Opinionated! / The Mortgage Adviser

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b
    Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

Please dont take offence…if it was me I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings.
    I love to read the comments of others, earning and learning are my passions and even if some one says some thing I dont agree on . I take it on board and think about the answer, I am not correct all of the time , just most of the time
    Nar I’m only have a bit of fun [blush2] please accept my apologize
    Its ezy to be humble when your eating pie.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Rob,

I haven’t noticed anyone particularly being angry towards you, but if they have been… well, welcome to any internet discussion forum!! As investors, people are passionate, and they sometimes vehemently disagree with the opinions of others – particularly about strategies or perspectives. Some will say “I don’t agree” some will say “That’s crap!” and some might go further into the realm of abuse. Disagreement is ok, abuse is not.

Some people on here want facts. So they want info about tax, or laws or policies. Sometimes, it helps to back up stuff with links, so that people can know hey’re receiving correct info (but still, people should caveat emptor). But most of the Forum is about people exchanging ideas. There’s room here for everyone’s ideas, Rob. Most of us have had our perspectives shot to pieces all over the place. That’s ok. If our ideas are sustainable, you can refute what people have to say, or sometimes, you might just let it go. Generally, when it’s about “opinion” (as opposed to “fact”), there’s not really right or wrong- just a bunch of people of different ages, genders, cultures, strategies… all with one thing in common- our interest in real estate!

A thick skin can help [cap] but you don’t have to cop abuse – noone does. But keep posting, and hopefully, you’ll come to enjoy this place as much as the rest of us do :))

kay henry

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Rob,

I am one of those forumities who obviously directed anger your way (at least, I am assuming that is how you saw it).

I wasn’t (and still am not) angry with you, or your valuable (and yes, they are extremely valuable) views; I just wanted you to know that I have heard the “diversity” speel before. It is a good thing to do; and I don’t disagree. Yet it was wrong of me, to accuse you of preaching to the converted, and if only I had 50c etc etc etc.

I did not expect your comeback, especially the bedroom bit, but then I also looked at some of your other posts, and I saw that some of your comments (other than to myself) could be perceived as offensive. In my post re “how much debt is too much” you asked me “why would someone with so little debt as this question?” in an almost condescending way, further asking “would it make you take on more debt?”……..firstly, as I replied it was curiousity, of which I am entitled, and secondly just because I have little or no debt, does asking make it a crime???

It seems to me, that you make comments, albeit valid, you are not guilt-free of any “tongue-in-cheek” backhanded comments that (at times) are short of an insult. However, as in the case of your below the belt comment re my bedroom activity, I am willing to forgive you if you would could please overlook my indiscretions.

So if you are done with feeling sorry for yourself, you will (hopefully) accept my apology, and join the rest of us……who really can only benefit from each other, wouldn’t you agree????

Friends??? [blink][blink]

Jo

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia
    Originally posted by The Mortgage Adviser:

Reluctantly though, I will contain all my posts to this topic so those who feel uncomfortable with my presence in the forums do not have to click on this topic and read what I have to say.

Rob

The Mortgage Adviser
    [email protected]

Aww Rob, it would be a shame if you didn’t express your opinion anywhere you like about anything you like.
    We all do that, and it is great to see so many differing opinions.
    Please reconsider!

Profile photo of ezy.home.loans23320ezy.home.loans23320
    @ezy.home.loans23320

Dont you just love this forum…?
    It doesn’t matter if your black ,pink, yellow or green…fat, thin ,short or tall, male female or in between.Out spoken or shy, We as people come together to share our interest in realestate..
    and we all learn some thing , Thank you all for sharing your time with me.
    Its a little bit like a drug , I can’t wait to turn on my computer and check the topics of the day.It EZY to be an Angel[angel]but much more fun being the devil[devil]

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Rob,

Understood; and hopefully we can move on from here.

It would be a real shame to see you not contribute, even with the odd “smart-arsed” comment (myself included) we all stand to learn from and teach each other a great deal. It may get colourful along the way, but if we are all mature about it, any problem should be ironed out fairly quickly.

Glad we’re still friends [inlove]

Jo [biggrin]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Rob,

Without wanting to enter into the debate of ‘who said what to whom’ I will say that at the moment your current approach to posting responses will get lost in the ‘hurly burly’ of the forum. As such the very people you are aiming to assist will probably gain little from them.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi MA,

I suspect that many will (me certainly) tire of reading a disjointed seried of answers and as such will have a little interest in this ‘thread’ despite there being some little gems contained herein.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of LizzyLizzy
    @lizzy

Hi Rob,

Come back out into the playground!

Differences of opinion should be discussed openly in a dedicated Forum, so whomever sent you the nasty PM should probably come out in the open and let the contributers decide for themselves.

Hope to see you back on the boards soon!?[blush2]

Liz Wilson

Mortgage Lender

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Looks like MA has created his own little Republic [king]

hehe. Oh well, if yer happy, MA… People mostly won’t be looking in one thread to find answers, though, MA.

kay henry

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Rob,
    This is an open forum so it’s great to post in different forums on different threads. I’m currently concerned about discretionary trusts and have been given excellent advice by brokers like yourself. I’m also concerned that I named my dog ‘Stay’. When he was a puppy I had alot of fun calling him. ‘Come here Stay’. Confused the hell out of him! He’s a lot smarter now though because when I call him now he just ignores me and keeps on typing on this website. He’s an ‘East’ German Shepherd (very well disciplined!). It’s good to get differing opinions on property. Just see it as wearing different coloured socks. Who cares if you go by thickness?
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Rob,
    Please don’t leave. Don’t feel too ‘Hamlet’ about ‘this is the hour’ (To Be or Not to Be, etc). We need Mortgage brokers like yourself and we also need good ones for the input and we can all gain from the replies. That holds for all of us. Plus I’m running out of material!
    Help me Rob!
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

Oh my god,gatsby! i havent laughed that bloody hard in ages![biggrin] LOVE the dog’s name!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.