All Topics / Opinionated! / Eat your heart out, you single girls

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 132 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Ok Pisces- I’ll take a book on it being YOU as the culprit. This was your opportunity to be the SNAG inside you. Let’s face it, you can’t be a tough guy ALL the time, so your inner snag came out.

Evens on Pisces…

kay henry

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Couldn’t be me Kay as I am no good in the songwriting department.

However, the more I think about it the more I suspect Richmond. If I remember correctly, he told me once that he was into writing songs.

Then again, it could even be one of the girls on this site. Melbear ?

Pisces

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Dear Pisces,
    As if the baldness isn’t bad enough! Actually my weight problem is more of a personal concern. No offence taken. Monopoly and Kay, thanks for the kind compliments and concerns re: my father. Dad’s still in hospital and still waiting on the results. I guess I don’t stand a chance with single lonely guy. Anyway, I’ll find time this week and go to an internet cafe and get my sorry ‘George Costanza’ arse on the forum pics and get it over and done with! I’ve managed to find a couple of photos of me taken 2 weeks ago so you be the judge. As they say, beauty’s skin deep, but ugliness goes straight to the bone.
    Regards,
    Gatsby.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

I too have (had ?) a weight problem Gatsby. Have tried many different ways but, like a Junkie, couldn’t shake the habit of eating less.

I have however now discovered a method which I guarantee will enable one to bring one’s weight down AND keep it off. It is described in a book which reputedly has sold some 14 million copies worldwide.

The title is ‘The Montignac Slimming Sensation’.

The two main messages (which I got out of it) are

1. to avoid eating ‘sugar’ foods together with starchy type of foods.

and

2. generally speaking, it suggests to avoid certain types of food and replace them by other type of food. At no time does one have to go hungry and following this life style doesn’t necessarily mean that one’s life has to become a drudgerous-awfull-food-intake situation. You can still enjoy some great and tastefull dishes.

The first point made means that the body releases insulin in order to remove the sugar out of one’s bloodstream.

if at the same time there are starchy foods in the bloodstream the insulin released by the body to remove the sugar out of one’s bloodstream will turn the starch into fat which thence is deposited into the body.

If one is serious about slimming down you would be doing yourself a disfavour by not spending a small amount of money (from memory I think about
    $ 35-00) to buy this book as the book provides the intellectual insight into the reasons why this method works (as well as providing a whole lot more suggestions than I summed up in my two points.

Without the intellectual understanding of how our body works the way it does one wouldn’t have the belief in the system and this in turn would be likely to make us abandon the rules.

BTW, I note your plans about going public by having your photo plastered all over the internet.

Just as BayCorp Advantage has two ways of one being able to order a copy of one’s credit file (i.e. a copy for free which will be dispatched within 14 days or a small charge of $ 23 which will get one one’s copy withing 24 hours (in practice this means usually within an hour or so), so does Property Guru have two types of ways of having one’s photo posted.

The free service means your photo will be posted ‘as is’ whilst the $ 39-50 service will see Property Guru touch up the photo so as to bring out one’s best features.

Personally I am waiting until Property Guru announces a Special for the second type of service.

He is presently overseas. I understand that he is trying to sell some Master Franchises for his Portrait Gallery system. Talking big money too.

Pisces

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Pisces, you’re kicking booty…

tell us your (fatty) story.
    I plumped up after having bubby no. 6 then discovered the ‘low carb’ alternative, which sounds similar to what you have been looking into.
    I also run 6-7 k every second day and do some weight training ( ha, get it) Lost 20 kg in 8 months which isn’t fantastic but by gingoes I feel GREAT ?

Gatsby…You sound cute, why don’t you look at the health side of being a tad portly. If you focus on your fitness, your weight becomes a secondary issue. Start off by going for 30 minute walks 5 times a week (join a gym if you have to and make sure you get a good sweat up) then start running for a minute/walking for 3 minutes and so on.Soon you’ll find yourself running 15km a session and think, ‘my goodness how did that happen’ and believe me when you look down in the shower you’ll see more than your toes….[blush2]
    YOU WILL LOVE IT…but pain first

Or you could be having us on…are you?

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

How sweet love is ….at least Freddy was thinking and got her to sign the pre-nup ;-)

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i too am currently single and have a story you can laugh at.
    i met this girl (30 years old single no hang ups etc) anyway we dated a couple of times seemed really nice.
    any way i get an EMAIL from her several weeks later saying that she had invited another guy to a party and they had clicked. she was sorry about that and i was such a nice guy but could i give her some space.
    oh ok i say in my return email.
    anyway about 3 weeks later i get an email from her again. the guy had dumped her for some crappy reason (i didnt ask) and did i want to go out to dinner with her that week.
    i politely told her “that although i dont have much self respect i do have some, you made your choice and lost so sorry.. goodbye”
    no wonder she is still single.
    when reading the email asking me out on a date i had to laugh and just think
    karma baby…. karma!
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted
    Originally posted by shaunwalker:

i too am currently single and have a story you can laugh at.
    i met this girl (30 years old single no hang ups etc) anyway we dated a couple of times seemed really nice.
    any way i get an EMAIL from her several weeks later saying that she had invited another guy to a party and they had clicked. she was sorry about that and i was such a nice guy but could i give her some space.
    oh ok i say in my return email.
    anyway about 3 weeks later i get an email from her again. the guy had dumped her for some crappy reason (i didnt ask) and did i want to go out to dinner with her that week.
    i politely told her “that although i dont have much self respect i do have some, you made your choice and lost so sorry.. goodbye”
    no wonder she is still single.
    when reading the email asking me out on a date i had to laugh and just think
    karma baby…. karma!
    cheers
    shaun

LoL she was probably playing both of you all along…and now she is so broken hearted you bad man ;-) At least you didnt use the word “fat” in your reply email.

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi all
    Just wanted to share the fact that when I managed to read this thread at lunch time the other day I just couldnt hold the laughter… and I caused most at work to enquire about my amusement well how does one explain.!! I had the lunch equivalent of Wallflowers breaky cereal being horizontally challenged on my keyboard.[blush2].

I am waiting with unbaited – will not gamble breath on the outcome of this internet love creation going on.
    [inlove]
    However I think the poetry is a bit [wha]
    And getting back to the real topic……….
    there are alot of Princes out there… just similar as the saying goes “just have to kiss a few “cane toads” [upsidedown]
    to find ’em.

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

@gatsby

Dear Wall Flower and Pisces,
    Thanks for the weight loss/fitness tips. I went to a couple of internet cafes today but none of them had a scanner. Tomorrow I will definetly put my picture up. Actually, maybe it could do me some good. I’ll pm or post back to you re: getting serious about how to lose weight, etc. If I can get motivated enough as I have about property investing, then maybe I’ll try and apply the same discipline to losing weight? Cutting down on the beer should be easy but quitting ciggy’s? If I do get the fitness bug then maybe I could post my photo up again in 6 months or so and we can see if there has been any difference and look at the 2 photos as a kind of before and after? Stuff it! I’m doing it! Hopefully my photo will be up tomorrow? Who knows? Maybe I might end up writing a book one day titled ‘From 0 to 130Lbs lost in 3.5 years!
    Thanks again everyone for your support.
    Many thanks,
    Gatsby!

@gatsby

Hi all again,
    I’ve just returned from the hospital after 15 hours. ‘Finally’ my dad got a bed ( I took him back because they had discharged hime when he first went in after 3 hours and he was told to come back if he feels worse!! Do I take him back in a cab or a hearse?) Anyway he’s got a bed (had to go through the entire process all over again, hence long wait). Thanks again for all your kind thoughts!
    Cheers,
    Gatsby!
    PS. I couldn’t find a scanner after phoning 5 internet cafes, however I found a camera store and have just emailed my pic. After that race around on top of everything else I just feel like a huge weight’s been lifted off my shoulders. Gotta fly back to hospital but will pm or post about the weight loss program, etc when I get a chance and then back to this forum and property investing momentum! You’ve all been very kind.
    Many thanks,
    Gatsby!

Profile photo of LonelySingleManLonelySingleMan
    @lonelysingleman

Shaunwalker , you said “Wwhen reading the email asking me out on a date i had to laugh and just think
    karma baby…. karma!”

Who hasn’t made a particular decision and subsequently changed his or her mind.

You may be making the biggest mistake of your life Shaunwalker.

Anyway, if that’s the way you think then so be it. Would you mind giving me her details ? I wouldn’t mind at all the fact that she may be a few years older than me.

A nice girl who is balanced is like a gem i.e. hard to find. Please email me.

Thanks,

Peter

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i’m after someone genuine. i dont wont to date anyway who is always looking over their shoulder waiting for something better to come along. i wouldnt do that to them and i dont expect them to do that to me.
    i would give you her email address but i have deleted it ages ago.. sorry about that!
    cheers
    shaun

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

You Guys have a confidence imbalance………..
    Shape up or ship out – or be prepared to do so without being a big SOOK…
    I challenge anyone of you single guys that can tell me you dont have one half eye open… or looking over your shoulder..
    Bit tough when the ladies do it ey ???

[jerry] that Prince where did he go ??
    prob still writing them [hmmm] poems !!!

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of Carlos_2Carlos_2
    Participant
    @carlos_2

Peter, here’s some free advice about how to win over a girl.

The reason why you apparently aren’t successfull with women is because they don’t really want a nice man.

Well, they will be friends with a nice man, but that’s as far as it will go.

If you feel attracted to a woman and let it show you will find they don’t want you, they will reject you and run away from you.

What a woman really wants is a bad man. Well that’s to say, they want a bad man who is nice to them.

Not perfectly nice of course as they want to have just a teeny weeny bit to complain about to their girlfriends so they can bond with them.

I wish you well Peter, just play it a lot cooler than you’ve sofar.

Carlos

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

Does anyone else find this whole thread totally bizzare? I don’t know if I should be laughing or have genuine concerns about some of the posts…

Maybe you all know each other and I’m missing something…

Either way, it makes for some very entertaining reading!

Sonja

BTW where do I go to look at members pics? Didn’t even know about this.

Keymaster
    @piadmin

I think, Sonja, that the participants know each other quite well and it is just some humorus (or should that read ‘humorless’ ?) banter that is going on.

Pisces

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

I sort of assumed that you all knew each other from the way it read. Mainly it was Peter LonelySingleMan with his 5 posts that threw me. I sort of thought that he sounded like a mad stalker who had developed an infatuation with a photo. Obviously I’m a bit naieve. Once again, very amusing thread… I’m catching on… I hope.

Regards
    Sonja

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

You’re so right Carlos, a woman doesn’t want a man reading poetry to her, she wants him to take her to the top of a waterfall then he tears of HIS clothes and executes a perfect dive into the icy waters below…grrrow
    [shades2]

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Gee, I wouldn’t want to get on your wrong side WallFlower. You are obviously well able to take care of yourself, prepared as you are to dispense any unwanted would-be-amorous male into the icycold water below.

You probably got the idea from George who, in one of the episodes of Seinfelt, was talking about shrinkage ?

(Absolutely the funniest episode I’ve seen sofar. George of course is a very good actor.

Pisces

Viewing 20 posts - 61 through 80 (of 132 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.