All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Accountant needed – Albury

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

Hi all, i was wondering if anyone could recommend a decent accountant in albury.
    a friend of mine who is the chief fire inspector there has bought a 2 beddy unit 6 months ago.
    (paid 62k for it and rents for a 100 a week.)
    the accountant he is using has no idea. my friend didnt even know about getting a quantity survayor in until last night. i will have to mentor him and teach him the steve mcknight way. any help in finding a decent accountant would be greatly appreciated
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

I know a fantastic one – Alan Webb-Mole from BTS Financial Services (60561929). He was quoted in The Australian and the The Age (along with us) recently in relation to the upcoming big changes to depreciation rules.
    Scott

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

thanks for that, do you know how much he charges an hour?
    will pass on the info to my friend
    cheers
    shaun

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

No idea Shaun.
    When I look for a competent professional – solicitor, doctor, architect, mechanic – their fee per hour is the last thing I consider. I’m always willing to pay a bit extra for someone who knows what’s they’re doing. I figure it’s possibly going to save me problems down the track.
    It’s the same in my business. There are loads of cheaper Quantity Surveyors around, but I know the Tax Depreciation Schedules they turn out won’t stand up to an audit.
    Scott

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i am with you on that. its for a friend (yeah yeah i hear you say) but he bought a 2 beddy unit and has stuffed up the loan set up. doesnt know anything about quantity surveyors etc. i was hoping to give him an idea about what a good accountant etc charges, and explain to him that you pay for what you get. i did ring alan and had a good chat to him. my friend is back in albury now, sorting out a meeting with him, and getting a quantity surveyor in to help with his tax loss.
    again thanks for all your help.
    cheers
    shaun

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.