All Topics / General Property / IP’s in Horsham, VIC

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of MattyPMattyP
    @mattyp

Hi all,

Very new to the forum but have been reading up with great interest. I don’t have any IP’s at present but am keen to acquire one quite soon.

Just wondering what people think about IP’s in Horsham. The yeilds aren’t too bad, but is it unwise to buy my first IP in a place where the economy is dominated by farming?

Alternatively looking OS in NZ in places like Hamilton as my local area (Melbourne) doesn’t seem to have any +ve IP’s left.

Your thoughts & ideas are much appreciated.

Cheers

Matt P

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Matt

welcome to the forum.

6 months ago i lived in stawell, 65km from Horsham and i own properties in horsham, therefore i keep and eye on the market there even though i now live in NZ.

The market has started to slow down a little i hear however buyers still outway supply. Properties in North Horsham give the best return, One of mine for example is in Hennesey st, it is let at 155pw and it would sell for about 95k at the moment. I like Horsham for the following reasons and i’m not selling mine.
    1. Horsham is the Biggest city from ballarat to Murray Bridge in SA, and from warrambool to Mildura. so it has a lot of Govnt jobs etc, as well as a major retail center.
    2. when the north os Horsham has a poor season the south farms tend to do well, so the local farmers tell me.
    3. the mineral sands project at douglas south of Horsham will have some positive effect on horsham.
    4. the future posibile gold mine at Murtoa and further north (maybe a long shot, check out MPI mines.

as far as Hamilton NZ goes i would say its a good area to buy (i don’t own any there). it is a growing city 4 largest in NZ now

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of MattyPMattyP
    @mattyp

Thanks Westan

Might head up for a weekend to check it out.

Cheers

Matt

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi Matt

also check out Stawell and Ararat when you are travelling through

if you buy and want to know the better property managers just ask

all the best westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.