All Topics / Opinionated! / Change your tune, Steve.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)
  • Profile photo of martinwmartinw
    @martinw

I have to say Steve that it’s a bit tiresome to keep hearing the same old criticism levelled at your detractors as being “negative” and then plucking out someone else’s saying and applying their wisdom to meet your ends. Not very original.

I think, for the sake of a balanced approach, people should be aware there are other opinions out there and they are not just being negative, they are providing an alternative viewpoint to the kinds of strategies you and your “fans” subscribe to.

Check out Neil Jenman and his site

http://www.ethicsinrealestate.com.au

He likes to have dig at Steve as well. Check out the following:

http://www.jenman.com.au/NewsNews1.php?id=232

I am positive that negativity can be a good thing.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Martin

I get the feeling that I’m missing something, cos I don’t quite understand what your post is saying?

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4
    I think, for the sake of a balanced approach, people should be aware there are other opinions out there and they are not just being negative, they are providing an alternative viewpoint to the kinds of strategies you and your “fans” subscribe to.

WOw, I didn’t realise that there are other oppinions out there. Certainly aven’t found anyone disagreeing on this web page! All I see is every one regurgitating Steves material….
    Come on – your in a forum where every one has an oppinion and shares it. I seem to recall that in Steve’s book that he said something along the lines of “These ideas aren’t new!” and doesn’t heencourage us to read other authors?! I certainly have bought a couple of books based on his advice – not dissapointed here.
    Sad that you need to shoot some one down for his Investment savvy. He is advocating making money to retire on, be thru books, Seminars, etc. So, nobody seems to think that investors indirectly booting property value by buying in the same areas (by chance or other). Not every one is like Steve and not every one has the same ideas as him. Sorry, but in my oppinion you’re out of line! Don’t like it go elsewhere. I am familiar with Jenman and have a lt of respect for him. I hop ehe succeeds in his endeavour but that still doesn’t make Steve the villain![angry2]
    Unless you think all these other people on here are gits?

Cheers

C@34

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Perhaps Martin you could advise all of us, what is your purpose of visiting this site ??

1. To stir sh….. ?
    2. To learn about property investing ?
    3. To share your experience on property investing ?

As a newer member you may have missed the MANY MANY healthy debates about different forms of investment, the gurus, the good, the bad, and the ugly….

Unfortunately quoting a <edited> like Jenman don’t help your case…. If you’d been around long enough you’d know that Mr. Neil isn’t exactly thruthful in his dealings with the public….

Or are you just jealous that Steve, and others here are doing the hard work and are becoming successful ???

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

I don’t quite get the point of this thread. There are many different opinions and strategies employed by contributors. I personally don’t follow Steve’s ideas very closely, but I enjoyed the book.

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Martin is, I believe, one of Neil Jenman’s agents.

Seen him before on other forums :)

I like the comment in Neil’s article:

it is not possible for “average Australians” to become millionaires in property in 12 months. Anyone who makes such a claim is, at best, deluded – or, at worst, a liar.

Well damn – kill that ambition for everyone…..we all may as well sell all our properties and go live in caves…

Perhaps it would be better to say it is not possible for MOST average Australians…..

Perhaps the people he tramples down as ‘average Australians’ are not capable of their own financial success and need to be protected by a wealthy and financially independent real estate agent and property guru such as Neil Jenman who constantly promotes his franchise chain.

Then again, perhaps not!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

Well have to agree with Neils article, at least its to the point. No smoke or mirrors in that comment.

I have noticed however on these forums, any time someone makes a negative comment/viewpoint about property investing the herd are real quick to jump on the band wagon and try and put them down.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Ted, there’s no herd. There’s just a bunch of individuals who have different ways of thinking. Generally, different perspectives are appreciated by many of us. Abuse is another thing- I don’t tolerate that at all, but I do love to hear differing perspectives, and so do many others, so never mind about the herd.

We are all “positive” and “negative” about different things. some of the neg gearers are absolutely oppositional to pozz gearers and vice versa- hence, being positive and negative depends on where you’re coming from. I would say, for example, that most on here were very “negative” about the exit duty in nsw- whereas it didn’t bother me. Some people are very “negative” about using depreciation to make deals work- that’s a “positive” thing to me :))

Just speak your mind, Ted- no matter what the issue, and chances are, some people will agree and others won’t- it’s all part of a discussion board.

kay henry

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Hi MartinW, I’m a big fan of the saying’ the proof of the puddin’ is in the eating’ and also ‘you can judge a tree by it’s fruit’. So if a particular strategy is employed for long or short term financial gain, try it out and see if it works. If it fails move on(more about my share trading later). If it works fantastic. We are not barracking for footy teams here, just trying to give each other a helping hand on the road of life
    Your opinions are valued here.

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Hi
    I appreciate the fact that we can CHOOSE to be where we want to be. I for one have learned a great deal about little things, law things and just plain investment strategy ideas that I wouldn’t have come up with myself. Oppinions are like ….. nostrils, yea, that’s it – nostrils. Everyone has one or two and sharing them can expose your weakness (things you didn’t consider) and your strenghts (things you get a pat on the back for). Running Steve or anybody else down is not necessary in my view. I like green apples, my wife likes red apples. We still share our life with out running each other down!
    Choose what works for you.

Cheers

C@30

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Oops….did I walk into a “Anti-Steve McKnight” forum??????????? [jerry][jerry]

Come on MartinW,

Don’t you think you are being a bit unfair??? [upsidedown][upsidedown][tongue][tongue] No one is trying to convert you into agreeing with Mr McKnight or his teachings….I for one, am not a follower of his path, but that doesn’t mean it don’t work!!! [thumbsup2][thumbsup2]

Steve has obviously made his money, and good on him (in my books); maybe his methods were (are) different to mine, but I can respect that…the outcome was (is) the same….financial freedom, and isn’t that what we all want?????!!

Success is a journey, not a destination
    You would do well Martin, to remember that sometimes, and take into account that the road travelled doesn’t have to be the same one for everyone, and be grateful that it’s not, because if it were, could you imagine the damn traffic congestion!!!! [ohno2][ohno2][ohno2]

Jo

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Ahhhh…[confused2][confused2][confused2]

WOW Monopoly – I love your post – great words of wisdom[buz2][buz2][buz2]…

This was discussed several weeks ago. The Bible states,
    “Wrath is cruel and anger a torrent, But who is able to stand before jealousy?” and that is exactly what I think it is here.

My advice to Steve is to delete this post and forget it. Are we always going to discuss YOU and not what we are here to discuss, that is PROPERTY. You teach and advise – it’s upto us whether to accept it or not.

Before we criticise, let’s put ourselves in the other person’s shoes. Let us realise their success and not their failues for it is by their success that we are to imitate and be greater successors of the success they have achieved.[buz2][buz2][buz2]

Kind regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight
    Are we always going to discuss YOU and not what we are here to discuss, that is PROPERTY.

Amen!

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of WallFlowerWallFlower
    @wallflower

Ah see that hand…[whistle]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin
    Unfortunately quoting a <<edited>> like Jenman don’t help your case….<<

Be careful Scott, Mr Jenman apparently is rather litigious.

However I understand what (I think) you are saying i.e. that Mr Jenman is a <<edited>> in the sense that many of his statements are very biased and not balanced and therefore intellectually dishonest.

And, as we can safely assume, he would be well aware of the flipside of his arguments and therefore it is clear (to me at least) that his statements are intellectually dishonest and likely his aim isn’t so much to present a balanced report so much as to get his name before the public in order to promote the real estate offices associated with his organisation.

If I remember correctly there was an expose on him on the website run by the Victorian equivalent of the NSW Real Estate Institute and that wasn’t exactly very complimentary about him.

Does anyone happen to know where the guy (MartinW) who started the other thread, has his office ?

I am asking because it is clear that he is either on the dumb side or else talking through his pocket and, as I don’t like to do business with idits or people who are intellectually dishonest,.
    I would be able to avoid his office if it happens to be in NSW.

Pisces

Profile photo of sidelinesideline
    @sideline

u buy the book-u learn. i’ve learnt more “watching” this site than i have owning ips for the last ten years. pretty cheap price to pay. thanks steve.[biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]

pete

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Pisces,

Thanks for the advice. Yes I do word what I write rather carefully.

When someone like Jenman turns something I spent a lot of hours working on with others, and, turns it into a case to further his cause ( and his franchises ) I take offence.

The VFA is trying hard to do the right thing by the consumer. For that Jenman has a go at us ( the VFA) and it’s efforts to bring in member accreditation and a code of ethics….. SHEESH….

Anyway… as mentioned above somewhere, or was it the other Jenman topic. I’m not bitter, I never get bitter. But I do tell it like I think it is from time to time….

I put my money at risk, running a business, providing people with homes… I do it openly, and I do it honestly.

Mr. Jenman so far only preaches and earns his franchise fees. I have yet to see or hear Mr. Jenman using any of the millions he has, ACTUALLY putting the CASH ON THE LINE, and helping people….

Enough said for now, lest I be accused of ranting, or attacking the messiah….. :-)

Cheers

Scott

Profile photo of martinwmartinw
    @martinw

How predictable were many of these responses (and some of you could just not help yourselves doing that irksome quoting other people thing).

I suppose I had 2 objectives when I placed this post:

1) To get up the @rses of people who hate this type of post – success!
    2) To further my assertion that the hype that surrounded Steve’s book was manufactured (wittingly or otherwise) in order to boost sales. The problem I had was that the book targeted patsies who parted with their thirty bucks without a cat in house chance of ever making it work, and it is my belief that the apparent failure of the Today Tonight project highlights the fact that it takes more than 150 pages of advice and “outdated” figures to make a success of it. It takes guts, determination, a good head on your shoulders and a bit of luck (not forgetting some money).

It’s like selling book on how to be an Olympic Swimmer in 10 easy lessons, I did. By Kieran Perkins, and then placing your bookstall outside McDonalds.

Oh I forgot – Steve’s post said:

“Are we always going to discuss YOU and not what we are here to discuss, that is PROPERTY.”

Amen!

Steve McKnight”

I’ll retort with this:

Opinionated:
    Have something you want to get off your chest? Need some advice about an organisation? Have a post that doesn’t fit anywhere else? Step onto our soapbox and have your say!”

– so long as it’s about property!

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

martin – congratulations. i only have one objective in this post and that is to tell you that you are undoubtedly the most clever, original, insightful member of this forum. you amaze me.

now leave and never come back.

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

by the way if you check the history of every post martin has made over a number of months it has been an attack on this site and steve.

come clean martin – for a man who proclaims a high moral ground tell us who you work for, whats you angle, why you keep visiting this site and whats in it for you.

if your reply is that you are just an innocent bystander interested in property and you have a view on certain things etc etc then thats crap – you have a barrow to push and you continue doing it.

if it was upto me youde be banned!

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.