All Topics / Help Needed! / 11 Second Solution, is it still valid?

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of skwebb64skwebb64
    @skwebb64

Is it still possible to find properties that satisfy this test.

My initial findings are that they don’t exit anymore.

What does everyone else think.

Real examples, would be useful?

Stephen Webb

Profile photo of gava1gava1
    @gava1

Steve,

Here is an example.
    block of 7 units currently tennanted for 750pw.
    asking price of 330k.
    do the math.

or

duplex currently tennanted for 110 each asking price of 90k.
    do the math.

found these on the internet yesterday. so yes they are current deals.

hope this helps.
    Gav.

“Happy Days”

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Stephen,

Firstly, I must be the only one here who HASN’T read Steve’s book, hence I cannot comment on the formula of the 11 second test.

I am assuming that is related to ensuring that you buy a property that proves to be cashflow positive e.g. like one I saw advertised on the net…..$45,000 (purchase price) with $90 p/w rent.

Such bargains do still (apparently) exist, but they are becoming more and more difficult to find. I personally have better things to do with my time….I have found the odd one, but wouldn’t let my dog sleep in it, let alone try to rent it to humans!!!! As a matter of fact, there is a show on telly tonight, where some guy auctions his house on one of those shows, and the asking price is $10,000 – but man, you should see the house, not to mention the crowd gathering to bid!!!! Ferral city !!!!! [rolleyesanim][rolleyesanim][rolleyesanim][fear][fear][fear][hmm][hmm][hmm]

Happy hunting…

Jo

Profile photo of gava1gava1
    @gava1

Jo,

there is a quicker formula than 11 sec.

Just multiply the weekly rent by 500 and the result gives you what you should pay for the property for a 10% yeild. It only takes 2 sec.

Gav.

“Happy Days”

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

hehe Monopoly.

skwebb, I mentioned a place where these CF+ exist the other day on here, but I got howled at, so I won’t mention it again :o)) oh ok then- broken hill!

It really depends on what you’re looking for, skwebb. Read as many books as you can, scan the RE websites and the weekend newspapers … and then decide what’s best for you.

kay henry

@monopoly

Thanks gava1,

yes it is sooooooooooo much quicker!!! Will keep that one in mind.
    [biggrin][biggrin][biggrin]
    Cheers,

Jo

@monopoly
    Originally posted by kay henry:

I mentioned a place where these CF+ exist the other day on here, but I got howled at, so I won’t mention it again :o)) oh ok then- broken hill!

Kay, you go right ahead and mention them, and any place you like, and if it gets shot down, make sure you fire back with as much spunk as you demonstrated in your retalitory post!!!!
    GO GIRLFRIEND !!!! [jerry][jerry][jerry]

Jo

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond
    Profile photo of skwebb64skwebb64
    @skwebb64

Thankyou Richmond…

That is the sort of answer I was looking for.

Now, can you tell me how you found it in a few seconds.

I have looked at the search criteria but don’t know how to specify a search that doesn’t return heaps of unsuitable properties.

Stephen Webb

@kay-henry

Multiply by 500? hehe- yeah, i know that’s the way you are *supposed to do it. I look at the
    purchase price and then double it for rent. So:

50k = 100 bucks rent per week.
    100k = 200 rent
    200k = 400 rent.

It’s the 1/2 second solution.

kay henry

Profile photo of skwebb64skwebb64
    @skwebb64

Thanks Kay, that is very simple and quick.[specool]

Stephen Webb

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

Now, can you tell me how you found it in a few seconds.

you want a coke and fries with that? or just a map and a compass? [rolleyesanim]

Seriously though, just spend a bit more time searching for different types of properties in different price ranges in different states… sounds obvious, but it is that simple.

Not all CF+ properties are in the sub 100k range…

Cheers
    r

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I’ve edited this post down as a lot of it didn’t make sense any more in context of nothing!!

Broken Hill is a one-industry town – mining. There has been a significant decline in the mining industry over recent years.

I invest in NZ myself, and have three properties returning 20 percent yields, which have increased in value 60 percent in the last year, with all signs pointing to continued growth.

I believe NZ is where Australia was 2-4 years ago – i.e. still with lots of CF+ve opportunities as well as lots of legs for growth.

To me it’s a much better bet to buy NZ CF+ve in a town with high rental demand, within 80 k of fast-growing cities, international airports, on a main highway, and within 45 minutes of tourist attractions, in a region people are throwing money at, at the moment – just as one example.
    rather than somewhere like Broken hill which is too risky in my opinion.

cheers-
    Mini

joy to the world

PS Jo, apropos ‘feral’, renovation isn’t for everyone. But it’s a good way to get more house for your money. As steve says in his book you haven’t read, you can make money by solving problems. A ‘feral’ house which is otherwise structurally sound can be turned around completely with a repaint, handyman, curtains, light fittings, and maintenance catch-up. it’s easy to make thousands if not tens of thousands (depending on the value of the property) on top of the amount you spent, to the value of the property. and you also get the compounding value of the equity you just gained – i.e. 80k house, spend 5 on it, 95. and 25 percent CG on 95K is more than 25percent growth on 80 plus 5, which is what you spent.

So it’s a technique I use to gain equity, not to mention cashflow – your newly tidy and attractive house of course rents for more, too! even though I hate doing reno’s myself and never even lift a paintbrush any more – these days I just ‘have it done’ -I did do it once just to ‘get it out of my system’.

Sk, PM me your email address and I can send you pictures and numbers of some real, and recent, examples.

@monopoly

Minimogul,

<edited by richmond off topic>

Jo

@kay-henry

Mini, <edited by richmond -off topic>

kay henry

@kay-henry

<off topic, richmond>

kay henry

@monopoly

Mini,

<edited by richmond, off topic>

Jo

Profile photo of brent2brent2
    Participant
    @brent2

….and I wonder if the moderators and owner ( STEVE ) would see this as a lifetime ban offence?

hehe[baaa]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia
    @monopoly

<off topic, richmond>

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.