All Topics / General Property / I was ecstatic when….(Accs and Mort Broks)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of fjficmfjficm
    @fjficm

I found out today from my PMs that in this world, in the right places, you’re not alone. I’m talking about my bitterness with CBA if you happened to come across my posts

They sucked me in, then bam… sorry mate, i know you earn a good wage, got good properties as assets etc. but shit happens, no more money for you. Thanking you for letting us screw you.

Well I’m not alone. Anymore CBA bagging stories appreciated

BTW can I ask is mortgage stamp duty (not land) tax-deductable? Cos when I check on ATO site, i can put this under the borrowing expenses category. What about these

establishment fee
    settlement processing fee
    valuation fee
    legal fees
    registration fees
    search fees
    shire fees

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

From my understanding ,and dont bank on it(haha)you can claim some of these when youlock in the capital gains ie when you sell. Not sure which and how much so go get one of the ‘qualified’ financial advisors to answer more accurately.

Good louck and keep smiling.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Fjficm,

Not an accountant so disclaimers apply.

The following items are claimable over five years or the life of the loan – whichever is shortest.

Loan establishment fees, search fees, loan stamp duty, mortgage insurance (if applicable) bank admin fees and mortgage registration fees.

Land stamp duty is offset against capital gans calculations.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.