All Topics / General Property / Do you invest and play???

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)
  • Profile photo of Richard TRichard T
    @richard-t

Did you hear about the two guys talking at the wealthy blokes funeral. One said to the other “how much did he leave” the other replied “he left it all”.

We all need a balance.

Richard

Profile photo of PixiePixie
    @pixie

Hi everyone,
    I would like to know whether you people sell your IPs then have a good time on the CG or you work towards having financial freedom by having passive income. We have some IPs on the Gold Coast which have made great gains and was thinking of selling a couple to have the others become more +cf because some are negatively geared. Or should we sell some and use some of the gains to have a good time. We have really had to scrape to get what we have and my husband is wanting to just sell and have a good time but that means he still will have to work (which he is sick of as well. What do you all do. Corinne

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Corinne

You need to have some fun – but not if you throw away your future ‘fun’. I guess you should work out what you want to do, and how much it will cost, and see if you’re happy to spend that much, and maybe pay down some of the other loans with what’s left over.

It’s really a personal decision, but I wouldn’t want to blow the whole lot if that left me at square one again…

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of wealth4life.comwealth4life.com
    @wealth4life.com

You have two choices – work now play later – play now work later !![bonjour]

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted
    Originally posted by kaloni:

I was talking to some property investor friends
    over the Weekend at a barbie and found out
    although they a making good profits freom their
    investment properties not many are willing to spend on holidays and enjoyment
    So I thought wat are the views of other forumites
    do you go on regular holidays dine out etc??
    We go away on holidays at least 2 weeks a year
    try to go out if we get babisitters.

Depends if they are using proceeds from profitable sales or using the “equity mate” ;-)

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Aceyducey are those gaming sessions age of empires2 Conquerors by any chance? And if so my longest game was 13 hours over 3 nights. No trees left and relics out of reach after transport sunk and the relics were just off the shoreline.DOH!!!

Oh sorry this is a property forum oops.

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Melbear im with you in occasionallly paying things off. In a month we will be in our new Coffs Harbour home worth $850K we will have a $340k mortgage and Ill repost a $0 before chrissy when this is paid off.

Hehehehehe

Have fun and play monopoly too(with real houses)

DD

Don’t sweat the small stuff,and it’s all small stuff!!

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

We’re into a balance I guess.

What we earn off investments goes back into investments at present so that it keeps growing for the future. But what we save from wages we use to live on and have fun, we make sure we have a holiday every year, sometimes local (as in driving distance somewhere) and sometimes overseas but always need to have a break.

We’ve never been big into eating out, but do enjoy a few drinks etc and don’t cut ourselves short for that. I guess our social life revolves around family and kids at present. Must be time to throw a party! And to book that trip to Bali!

I think everyone needs to have a bit of fun along the way, but everyone’s idea of fun will be different.

PK

Viewing 8 posts - 21 through 28 (of 28 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.