All Topics / General Property / Quantity Surveyors -WA

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of BonbeachBonbeach
    Participant
    @bonbeach

Hey guys, im sure this has been discussed many times before, but has anyone used the services of a good Quantity Surveyor in Perth?

Secondly, is it best to get the QS report done on ALL properties you own- or would it be best to just do it on the renovated one. The other property is a mid seventies 2 x bed unit and completely unrenovated. I will renovate it next year, so maybe wait till then?

Your help is appreciated :)

Luke [cap]

Profile photo of Griffo77Griffo77
    @griffo77

I’d just do it on the new property. I need to get a QS in on mine in the next 6 – 8 wks. I’ll let you know who I use as it will be based on a reliable recommendation.

(But you might have to wait!)

Cheers

Griffo77

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Devil,

Give Deppro a call. They have an office in South Perth and can be contacted on 9368 8783.

Discuss your options with the Deppro and they will give you a definitive answer about the ‘value’ in getting a QS done on your properties.

I think you will be pleasantly surprised anyway. All ‘chattels’ have a value at purchase and as such these vallues will determine how much is depreciable and for how long.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Devilcv*

As with Derek i recommend DEPPRO, have used them several times, it’s worth getting the QS report on ALL IP’s

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Luke

If you’re going to reno a property – definitely get a QS done BEFORE. This way, you can claim everything you replace as a write off straight away!!!!! then you can depreciate the new stuff.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Gee Derek, and we were getting on so well. You’re plugging Deppro when I’m in here dispensing free advice?

Luke, I’ve got guys in Perth, too. In fact we cover more of the country than any other QS group. And we only use Quantity Surveyors to carry out inspections – one company that shall remain nameless say they do but they don’t.

Re: Your 70’s unit. Mel is right – putting a value on the assets you throw out is important as you can claim the undepreciated proportion as a lump sum. To ‘dispose’ of assets, you need to make sure they are kept out of the Low Value Pool – your accountant will be able to explain why. Remember though, the ATO allows taxpayers to self assess the value of Depreciable Assets (Fixtures and Fittings). It’s when it comes to building work you particularly need a QS. I’m just wondering whether it’s worth paying a QS when the only things likely to be disposed of in that unit are the carpet, some kitchen appliances and perhaps blinds/curtains. You could put a value on them yourself. Essentially the value would be the second hand installed cost. Then when you do the reno, you’ll have all your receipts and if you’ve got a half decent accountant again you won’t need a QS. (Not only am I handing out free advice, I’m talking you out of commissioning a schedule.)

Remember all of you, QSs are starting to get busy. Tax season is just around the corner. That’s why I’m at work now. I’ve got programers working on changes to our system to take into account the new ATO rules. (And we all know programers need someone to keep an eye on them.)

Scott – Depreciator 1300 660033

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Scott,

Didn’t realise you had a ‘branch’ in Perth – I’ll adjust my comments accordingly.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Yep. Perth is easy, but the rest of WA is tricky – it’s a big state and QSs tend to live in cities. I believe one of my Perth guys is heading to Kalgoorlie in the next week or so. The east coast is easier to cover because there are lots of big regional centres. I’ve got guys in Cairns, Townsville (Mackay from memory – system is down) Rockhampton, Gladstone, Bundaberg etc etc.
    How’s that for a blatant plug. now, to see what those bloody programers are up too…

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Scott,

PM your QS Details for Perth Office too..

How much do you charge ??

As for the Free advice.. keep it coming [biggrin]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.