All Topics / General Property / Property age

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi friends,

Is their a website where you can find the building age and construction of a residetial house including other structures such as polls.
    Dom[biggrin]

Profile photo of calvin_thirty4calvin_thirty4
    Participant
    @calvin_thirty4

morning DAAJ,
    I usually go thru the Valuer Generals Office (in WA that’s $7.70/property) for the age. Poles are usually listed in the Shire/Town Council aor the Main Roads Dept. Try those for size, but I still reckon nothing beats a trip in the car. I must admit that I do live in a Country Mining Twon and nothing is more than 20 mi. away!
    Cheers[shades2]
    C@T

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Daaj,

Hoping this can be sent through as i’m having massive computer problems. My solicitor did those checks for me- basically cost me nothing- a few bucks. The search will only give you the date the place was *registered* and the house may have been relocated there, so don’t take the date as a given. A Builder can give you an approximate date of the construction of the actual house.

Also you can get a “transfer of land” heck, which is handy. It will tell you the date the house was last sold and the price it was sold for.

kay henry

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Dom

My TIP

Easiest way in WA i find…

Contact Western Power and get date Power was first connected [biggrin]FREE

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Thanks kay henry,calvin@thirty4 and redwing,

I am in queensland and i simply want to know how old my house is whithout actually paying anyone(Council).

It is not on my building report which i thought it should be.I also would like to know age of my neighbours house.

Will try some of your advise thanks
    Dom

Profile photo of brahmsbrahms
    Participant
    @brahms

if you are looking to identify if property is pre or post 1946 – with regard to demolition approval etc. go to BCC at Wandoo St in the Valley, you can view the aerial photo series of ’46 (photo copy available – it really isn’t that expensive) – if the property is present, then demo control may be applicable, if it isn’t, happy days.

cheers

brahms

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

Dom, just call the council. My guys get asked this question a dozen times a day – our clients need to furnish us with a construction date so we can do Tax Depreciation Schedules for them. Many councils can answer the question over the phone. Sometimes you have to fax a request. I’d be surprised of they charge you. They will have a building approval date. (Of course, just because a building was approved on a given date it doesn’t mean construction started then.)
    Scott

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Daaj,

Check under the floor coverings. If there are any newspapers there, check the dates of the newspapers. I recently had a builder do this for me. I pulled out of the place- any house that has newspapers under the floors, is a bit too old for me.

kay henry

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.