All Topics / Creative Investing / Leasing shipping containers

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

Hi all, i am looking at setting up a storage facility in the riverina, i am told you can lease shipping containers. does anyone know who i could contact in the riverina area?
    i have the storage shed all worked out etc, and just need to get some quotes. any help is greatly appreciated
    thanks
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

dont worry about it, ive found a mob in the riverina that have them for sale, i even got a discount! for information an 8 foot shipping container is 1900 dollars plus gst. you also have to pay for shipping, but as its only 2 blocks away from my storage facility i should get that on the cheap as well. now i have to figure out how to get approval to start the business up, demand etc for the area.
    will let you know how i get on
    cheers
    shaun

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Let us hope that ‘the mob two blocks away’ doesn’t steal your idea and sets up in competition. [grrr]

Cheers,

Pisces

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

nah, the guy is just happy getting hold of the things and flogging them off. they are just sitting on his property gathering dust.
    i’ve just got to get the shed for the right price now (about 30k less than he’s asking)
    oh well, i can only ask.
    shaun

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Shaun, you are aware aren’t you that you need Council consent to use your land for that particular purpose ?

Pisces

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Off subject but

i remember a guy in Derby, WA, built a house out of old shipping containers..[blink]

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of gatsbygatsby
    @gatsby

Hi Shawn,
    I’m from Melbourne but I do know of a guy who leases out semi trailers (the trailer that is) and is doing very well from this. He also invests in property, but I think his main job is hiring out the trailers to companies. I’m not sure if this answers your question or is even relevant to your situation. I hope this helps and I’ll try to find out more if I can.
    Cheers,
    Gatsby.

Profile photo of kangarooflatkangarooflat
    @kangarooflat

Hi Shaun
    If you were in Victoria I have a source here that can supply containers at a quarter of that price. The catch is you would need to order a minimum of 40 and arrange transport.

Steve.

Originally posted by shaunwalker:

dont worry about it, ive found a mob in the riverina that have them for sale, i even got a discount! for information an 8 foot shipping container is 1900 dollars plus gst. you also have to pay for shipping, but as its only 2 blocks away from my storage facility i should get that on the cheap as well. now i have to figure out how to get approval to start the business up, demand etc for the area.
    will let you know how i get on
    cheers
    shaun

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.