All Topics / Opinionated! / Anyone with recent Franchising experience here?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Hi,

A couple of the businesses we’re looking at are franchise opportunities.

I’m interested in speaking with people who have recent experience in franchising so I fully understand the current ins and outs from an operational perspective.

I don’t need pointers to online resources or the laws regarding franchising, just want to speak with people who have solid, ground-level experience in the last few years.

Can anyone help me out?

Feel free to email/PM me & I’ll drop you my phone number so we can chat.

Thanks,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Acey – can you narrow down the industry or sector? From my experience they operate in many different ways.

A.

Profile photo of PropertyGuruPropertyGuru
    Participant
    @propertyguru

Hi Aceyducey

I had Pizza Haven Franchise in Sydney.

Cheers
    [:)]
    PropertyGuRu
    [sultan]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Aceyducey, someone told me that you are contemplating franchising the oil well drilling business. [wink]

Is that true ?

Pisces

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by Pisces:

Aceyducey, someone told me that you are contemplating franchising the oil well drilling business. [wink]

Is that true ?

Pisces,

It is actually. We’re setting up franchises in all major Australian cities and already have a great deal of interest in the opportunity.

The initial investment is $3 million dollars, $2.5 million to drill your well & a once-off $500K franchisee fee which includes our support and training (how to talk Geologist, how to identify stratographic plays and use frequency response high grading to identify the optimal target).

We don’t guarantee you’ll find oil, but you’ll have the fun of saying you own your very own oil well!

If you do find oil, you can take one of our oil refinery franchises (only $350M) & make your own petrol!

PS: You need a largish backyard to take up this franchise.

[biggrin]

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Keymaster
    @piadmin

But I thought that often an exploration company
    may drill perhaps as many as let us say six to ten wells in the same area, so too bad if one sinks $ 3 M into a dry area only to miss out on the right spot because one’s bank has only sufficient money to drill only the one hole.

Pisces

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Acey,

Gloria Jeans coffee is franchising for $400k+ and Hudsons Coffee is following in their trend and franchsising for $400k.

regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Keymaster
    @piadmin

George, if you are or were thinking about a coffeeshop I know one particular shop in Sydney where the coffee is the best in the world. (no kidding).

Really nice and smooth.

The man who runs it roasts his own coffee and everytime I go there I think ‘what a marvellous opportunity to start selling franchises using this 65 year old man’s ideas.

I can see the opportunity but unfortunately I haven’t got the energy to start such a venture.

Hey, it looks as if you may well come to Sydney to have a look at this shop. What a marvellous opportunity for Kay and myself to take you up on that dinner invitation. [biggrin]

If you do I can tell you one thing, you will be the winner as this particular coffee shop is mindblowing. The product cannot be surpassed.

Pisces

Participant
    @aceyducey

But I thought that often an exploration company
    may drill perhaps as many as let us say six to ten wells in the same area, so too bad if one sinks $ 3 M into a dry area only to miss out on the right spot because one’s bank has only sufficient money to drill only the one hole.

That’s why a professionally run exploration company will both ensure it raises sufficient funds to meet it’s drilling program and will ensure it has a spread of areas including some highly prospective ones where you are extremely likely to strike commercial quantities in 6 wells – such as the Cooper Basin with has a 70% success rate on comemrcial gas & a 40% on commercial oil within the inner ring.

Of course in the end you can still miss on everything – tha’s why oilers JV on many prospects, so they spread the risk around.

Also for every well that misses you can put roughly 25% of the cash back into the kitty (cause you don’t use it if you don’t complete the well). This also helps when you’re drilling a 6-10 series & miss on 5-8…that funds 1-2 additional wells at 100% or 3-4 when JVing.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Participant
    @aceyducey

George, if you are or were thinking about a coffeeshop I know one particular shop in Sydney where the coffee is the best in the world. (no kidding).

If this is the guy who also wrote a book on coffee I know him, he’s the dad of a good friend of mine.

Shame I don’t drink coffee [blink]

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I went to start with one franchise but stopped before it went anywhere

I did go so far as to set up a company with a partner, it wasn’t classed as a franchise, fine line, and we had problems with it and the operational side of things, so we bailed. The contracts were for a head office in another state, because of this there were added complications. There were contractural problems, service delivery problems, and failure on thier part. I took the matter to a solicitor but decided it was not worth the agro to pursue further.

Not sure what you are after, so I cant offer any help.

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hey Pisces – sounds intersting,

I think Ill have to take you up on that offer – its worth investigating..

…anyway, im getting tired and must sleep..

talk soon,

kind regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>im getting tired and must sleep..<<

Have a cup of coffee and you will be bright as a spark and wide awake George.

Pisces

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Acey, would you not be better discussing the business with an existing franchisee?

That way you will get info on the exact opportunity you are looking at? perhaps see if you can find an ‘ex’ owner also, to see what they think of the franchisor as well as the business?

Sorry can’t help – wanted to buy the Subway in Tuggeranong, but the owner looks like selling to his sister who has been managing it for a few years now.

Cheers
    Mel

Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>Acey, would you not be better discussing the business with an existing franchisee?<<

What he really needs is a copy of the Manual of an organisation like Mc Donalds as well as a copy of a License agreement to guide him to design his own.

Pisces

Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by melbear:

Acey, would you not be better discussing the business with an existing franchisee?

Doing that too Mel :)

I like to get a good round cross-section of views before proceeding in new areas of business.

The first hurdle to overcome in any new area is learning what questions I should be asking :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.