All Topics / General Property / How much money is “too much” money?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)
  • Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Accept Your Abundance
    Chapter One:
    Putting Yourself in the Prosperity Picture.
    By Randy Gage.

Twice a year, I go on a Mastermind Retreat with the top-level members of my coaching
    program. At a Retreat in Costa Rica, I was working with an entrepreneur on growing his
    business. I came up with an idea that could generate $15 or $20 million a year in
    revenue, and had the potential for $30 million a year quite readily. At that time, he was
    probably only doing less than $300,000 a year.

You might think he jumped at the chance. You might think you would have too. But he
    didn’t. And you might not have either…
    As I sketched out the concept, I could see both him and his wife tuning out. It became
    obvious to the group and me that they simply were on overload. They had come
    expecting to learn how to make an extra $50,000 or maybe $250,000, but when I
    started talking millions, it just was simply too much for them to believe.

Now to be fair, they didn’t first perceive the situation that way…
    They felt like they supported the idea. But they kept raising objections like the idea was
    difficult, needed more research, would take years to develop, etc. It was only when the
    entire group confronted them, that they accepted the possibility that they might be
    running from the idea because it was too prosperous for them to accept.

They left with the agreement that they would listen to my “Prosperity” audio album and
    work on their prosperity consciousness.
    At the next Retreat, they both felt that they had worked through their prosperity issues
    and were willing to accept this new, bold plan I had for their business. So I asked the
    wife a very simple question…

I asked her how their lives would be different, if their business did $30 million in the next
    year. Her answer was quite fascinating…
    She insisted that it would pretty much stay the same. She made a great point to confirm
    that her needs were basically met, and the only real difference was she wouldn’t have
    stress so much about paying bills. I wanted more.

I pressed her for tangible changes
    that would take place in her lifestyle. EVERYTHING she came up with had to do with
    helping someone else.
    She would sponsor a Boy Scout camp, help out her parents, sponsor a school, etc. She
    didn’t name one thing she would do for herself. I threw the question to her husband…

He started where she left off, but he got more specific. He mentioned the exact Boy
    Scout activities that they would sponsor, and suggested that he would hire a 24-hour
    caregiver for his sick father. Like his wife, he only mentioned doing things for other
    people. Absolutely nothing either of them suggested was for themselves. It was all
    about giving things to others.

So still I kept pressing…
    After much searching, he finally suggested that they could get a cabin on the lake. This
    prompted his wife who finally acknowledged that she would like a 4-wheel drive vehicle.
    I thought we were finally getting somewhere. Until she said the reason she wanted the
    new vehicle was so she could drive even more boy scouts to the camp they would
    sponsor!

It became quite obvious that neither of them had even the remotest idea of how their
    lives would be different with an extra $30 million. And because they haven’t foreseen
    this possibility, they can’t manifest it.
    By Randy Gage.

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

Profile photo of aussierogueaussierogue
    Participant
    @aussierogue

im sorry im not sure the point of this. they sound like great people!!! i can blve there motives are being twisted to make them sound like backward hillbillies!!!

who made randy gage an oracle anyway!!

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

I think the point is this.Unless you actually manifest the idea in your mind then you will have no way of achieving it.Once you imagine something and then start living it in your mind then you will be able to find ways of achieving it.
    These people had never set their goals that high and so could not imagine what they would do if they got there.
    Russ.

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

I don’t think there are many people who couldn’t envisage what to do with $30m… I think this story applies more to the exception than to the norm and most people are on this website as they want to obtain this sort of wealth.

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

I think there are many people who have no idea what they’d do with $30M :)

Hopefully people in this forum are thinking about it & planning for when they have it.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin

$30 million per annum would be just about enough I reckon.

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

30 million, why so low?

You wouldn’t get your own planet with world peace, chill out dimension or even hover shoes for everyone with that.

C’mon people aim bigger, [pimp]

lifexperience

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Very good guys, I see most of you understand the point of the illustration.

I use to have a friend who always was going on about the lottery. He would tell me over and over about how he would like to win the lotto. I once asked how much he was spending weekly on lotto tickets, and was astonished at the confession that he never ever bought one single number.
    “What’s the point?”, he said, “I would never win anyway”!

Everything that is man made, started once in someone’s mind. A thought is what originated everything around you. Someone thought up your computer, your desk, the clothes you are wearing, a thought followed by action that manifested such thoughts.
    Think and Grow rich … (Napoleon Hill.)

Who is R.Gage?
    Someone who thinks in more zeros that we do, and enjoys teaching how to do it, to whoever wants to listen.
    Yet not everyone is interested in personal growth. And that is OK too, no sweat.
    And yes, he went to jail he use to flip burgers, went completely broke, did not pay taxes and had his restaurant sized . . .not your average intellectual high class. [strum]

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

Profile photo of Michael RMichael R
    @michael-r

This is the most valid point..

“Once you imagine something and then start living it in your mind then you will be able to find ways of achieving it.”

— Michael

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

AusProp, my friend… you said:

“most people are on this website as they want to obtain this sort of wealth.”

Glad you said “most”. :o)

Personally, I have no interest in that amount of money. I will be pleased with whatever happens in my life and whatever I have. It’s fun to be zen [goatee]

You know, Props… what I would do if I had heaps and heaps of money? I would pay whatever it cost to whomever, to take that yellow head of yours and stop that tongue waggling around. Do you know it does my head in every time I see it? [blink] Other than that, you might know that I enjoy your posts :)

How will you folks feel if you don’t make these tens of millions in life? Will you feel disappointed? I hope not.

kay henry

Participant
    @aceyducey

I have no desire for money whatsoever.

I don’t have a lot of desire for most of the things money buy either – flash cars, waterfront mansions, $10,000 dinners, $10,000 watches, etc.

However I do enjoy the game, the capacity to choose (it’s nice to be in the position to choose to NOT buy a flash car) & the ability to give back.

There’s been a topic on the subject going on at Renos. The thread is: http://www.renos.com.au/forum/viewtopic.php?id=110

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Participant
    @aussierogue

good on ya acey – i agree….

Participant
    @aussierogue

acey i read your thread and your last comments on that thread. have you ever thought of investing in productive assets rather than just property?? this creates more than just personal wealth but also jobs and contributes more to the economy!! maybe you already do but i wld have thought the guy has a point. millions of property millionaires around the world is not a good thing ecause it doesnt help create greater wealth for the community as a whole…

Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by aussierogue:

acey i read your thread and your last comments on that thread. have you ever thought of investing in productive assets rather than just property??

Aussierogue,

I do & was doing so long before I was involved with property.

Have run companies with up to 50 employees/contractors.

But I also consider providing jobs for Real Estate Agents, Property Managers, Accountants, Solicitors, Conveyancers, Tradespeople & housing for tenants via property investing is quite valuable as well.

Look at the ratio between the number of employees, the number of customers, the number of shareholders, the contributions to other companies (via purchasing stuff) and the amount given back to the community in various ways by a company.

Employment is rarely the primary benefit.

Investing in property pushes the dollars in just as many directions, hence I do not regard one type of asset for investing as more ethical than another.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Participant
    @1winner

Aceyducey, Interesting post on the Reno BB, Tipical “victim” post and very good your response.

Tell me (if you want), what would your 3 wishes to the magic lamp Genie be?

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by Marc1:

Tell me (if you want), what would your 3 wishes to the magic lamp Genie be?

No idea – I keep getting what I wish for….

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

I think I would look at an option here with the three wishes.Three wishes with the option of another three once the first three were used and so on and so on.
    Russ[biggrin]

Participant
    @1winner

Oh come on don’t be shy now, it is fun and it is free!

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school
    Profile photo of lifeXlifeX
    @lifex

hover shoes, red.[hat]

lifexperience

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 21 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.