All Topics / Help Needed! / Adelaide investor/renovator looking for ideas/JV

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Ace_2Ace_Lewis
    Participant
    @ace_2

Hello to all,
    I have been a property investor (and anything else to make money) for about two years, done 4 deals and become fully ‘self-employed’ about 6 months ago. I have just sold all my property and am really unsure where to go next in the Adelaide market. (I do not know how many readers here are in Adelaide so an indication would be good) I have been renovating and/or flipping in the Glenelg area, but finding it harder to find that perfect deal. Plus almost impossible to find any property that is at least evenly geared, let alone positive. Am considering moving my focus out to the far northern suburbs where i could get a better rental return now for future renovation projects maybe, or perhaps looking interstate to QLD as this seems to be one of the best looking states in the near future with other states’ policy changes etc. Only problem with both of these options is that it is much harder to physically manage the property ‘hands-on’, which i like to be able to do. (No-one cares about your property more than you!). My other thoughts are towards forming a JV with someone to tackle bigger projects. If there are people in Adelaide with expreiences/views to suggest or even better if considering a JV with someone to accelerate wealth creation then please post back, and can maybe continue via email.
    Thankyou

Profile photo of T.P.T.P.
    @t.p.

G`day Ace, I am in regional S.A. so cannot help with specific advice. However you mentioned the northern suburbs and yield which reminded me of a profile I read on an Adelaide investor in a book I have just completed. It is ‘Ordinary Millionaires” by J. Mcnight.Good book. Well worth the $30.

Regards Terry

Profile photo of MarcoMarco
    @marco

Hi there Ace,

Good to hear that you’re out there making things happen. I’m based in Adelaide, most of my stuff has been in the Northern areas.

Don’t have a problem finding houses as I focus on the tenant and educate them to find the right house.

All the best, Marco

Get more out of Renting!
    http://www.positiveproperty.com.au

Profile photo of mistymisty
    @misty

Hi Ace

We are currently starting out in Adelaide, currently have one IP in Qld and a PPOR here that we are renovating to rent/sell when finished.

I know you are looking for someone with more experience etc to help you and we can’t help in that area.

There is not much in the way of seminars, help in Adelaide and we would love to get together with someone who can maybe a bit of a mentor for us. Would you be interested – we live not far from the Glenelg area.

Cheers

Profile photo of MarcoMarco
    @marco

Hello Misty,

check out this thread here
    I need to let you know that I’ve not been involved with Summo or the stuff he’s organised, but it should be a good starting point.

Have a great day!

Marco

Get more out of Renting!
    http://www.positiveproperty.com.au

Profile photo of sw72sw72
    @sw72

Hi Guys,

Would love to catch up with keen lease/ option people in adelaide – bay area

would like to meet on msn messenger
    email me

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.