All Topics / General Property / Interest Rates?

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Profile photo of forextraderforextrader
    @forextrader

The Reserve Bank of Australia board is meeting today, the announcement is due tomorrow. Financial markets suggest a 10-15% chance of a 25 basis point rate hike, but the odds of a hike may be higher. The arguments for an increase are very strong – rampant housing credit growth, a depreciating exchange rate, continued high consumer confidence. The speeches coming from the RBA board of late have been very hawkish. The arguments for the status quo are relatively thin. Current inflation is mild, but even the dovish Aussie commentators suggest a rate hike will come in a few months in order to quell import price inflation; they just don’t think it will come now

There are known knowns which we know, there are unknown knowns which we dont know we know and there are known unknowns which we know we dont know but wish we had known but there again I dont know.

Profile photo of Steve McKnightSteve McKnight
    Keymaster
    @stevemcknight

Hi,

I’m 60:40 in favour of the belief that interest rates will rise by .25 basis points.

Time will tell.

Cheers,

Steve McKnight

Remember that success comes from doing things differently.

Steve McKnight | PropertyInvesting.com Pty Ltd | CEO
    https://www.propertyinvesting.com

Success comes from doing things differently

Profile photo of FernFern
    @fern

Its either now or next month.
    The longer they leave it, the bigger the shock at the other end IMHO.

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

No change in rates.

Tha’s fact not opinion BTW :)

See: http://www.rba.gov.au/

No commentary this month til the 7th (from the RBA).

I like how the media are still pushing the ‘rate rise must be coming soon’ line. Remember it’s not so much about what is real as about creating controversy!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of hsmediahsmedia
    @hsmedia

If you want to know what is going on with interest rates, subscribe to http://www.infochoice.com.au and they will send you a bulletin weekly… its very useful info

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Just someone’s opinion.

The economists just don’t have a clue either.

There have been occasions where the rates were raised only to be lowered again a couple of months later.

Ask 10 economists and you’ll get 15 different opinions.

Some of the soothsayers talk from the corners of their mouth, talking in riddles so they can claim they predicted whatever comes about.

What nonsense, a 15% chance of something coming about. What rot.

Pisces

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Interesting enough, 2 months ago my lender asked me whether I am interested in locking the rate at current market. It cost $250 per loan. Back then I was applying for 2 loans I decided not to lock in because I believe the interest rate will stay the same….guesting game….and it is for the last 2 months.

Interest rate will fall next month…LoL

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.