All Topics / General Property / Deals in New Zealand!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Hi all,

well, after a busy week away, I would have to say that property investing is alive and well in NZ!!

Heaps of deals under contract, met several forum members, and had a really good time travelling around checking out the towns and sights.

I was amazed at how quickly deals are going in some of the towns. In one bigger town, I found a great deal, but only because it had just fallen over on finance to a home buyer. Deals aren’t even making it to the internet before they are sold here.

In a smaller town, I grabbed a 15% yield place, and had deals fall over when the vendor withdrew from sale – I think she decided she had a good portfolio, and she did – 18% yields on her verbally agreed sell price!!!!! – this was a great chance for me, but I think she saw sense that her property was probably worth more than she had agreed to sell for, so she didn’t sign up.

What a great trip. NZ is a fabulous place, that’s for sure. And the deals are available.[thumbsupanim]

CD

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

wow! Way to go CastleDreamer! how many do you have there now?

NZ Bird Dogs. Wanganui 11.4 percent – PM me!

Profile photo of westanwestan
    @westan

Hi castledreamer

well done on a successful buying expedition (or was it a pillage) from what i here you blew them away with your negotiating skills.

CD it was great to meet up with you again.[specool]

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of Matt BMatt B
    @matt-b

Hi CD,

Congratulations on a successful trip. It looks like you came away with some great deals! Now that you’ve hooked up with Mini, you should make a great team.

Westan, I hope you and CD had fun battling over properties during the last week or so? [laughing] I can just imagine, the lines were drawn in the North Island as the heavyweight spotters went toe to toe [satan] (Though I guess it was more like a cup of coffee and a chat after the real estate agent’s closed [biggrin])

Matt

@westan

Hi Matt

yes the battle lines were drawn in the middle of MacDonalds in Tokoroa. The local media called it the “showdown at the Mcdonalds Coral” (joke about Ok coral, you know Wyatt Earp, oh its bad when i have to explain my jokes).
    It wasn’t that bad really my teeth have been replaced and that part of my ear lobe wasn’ty doing anything anyway. It was a fair fight as everyone recons i fight like a girl.

regards westan

I find +ve cashflow deals in New Zealand which I sell to other investors. To be on my database send an e-mail to [email protected]

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi Guys

Hey Westan how did you persuade CD to have a feed at McDonald’s?

When I was with her she wouldn’t hear of going to McDs. Instead we went to lunch at a nice little place just out of town.

Tokoroa also has a Burger King and a KFC so plenty of choice.

Regards

@westan

hi muppet

to be honest we didn’t eat anything just a cuppa, Janine and i had 3 of our kids with us so we were able to let them run riot in the kids play area while we talked. i’m back in the north Island on sunday just a quick flying visit to secure a few more deals, will give you a call if we are near down town wiamiha.

bye westan

Profile photo of CastleDreamerCastleDreamer
    Participant
    @castledreamer

Westan, you fibbed, I really did eat just one junior burger!!

Matt, I had the best fun, negotiating deals, and the best part was walking away when the price wasn’t right – I felt empowered, that I had been able to leave emotion out of the equation, and analytically play the game. Very satisfying and rewarding.

Have next trip booked for June. This definitely is a great escape from the day job. Love the cooler weather, no humidity!! Friendly people (so what that most of them are Aussies – except Muppet!!! – that I have met along the way!!! – excellent time all round.

And, in closing, what can I say except that this is great fun, and while it is fun, I will continue to invest with a passion. Life is for living, not stressing and number crunching, do all of that for sure 100%, but don’t forget to enjoy the daisies in the front yard of the next rental property you survey!!!
    Cheers
    CD

CastleDreamer

Profile photo of muppetmuppet
    @muppet

Hi CD

Which way are you going this time?

Regards

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.