All Topics / Site Problems / Feedback / Show New Topics Glitch

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

OK, this problem has occurred a few times for me, but today I took note of the order I’d done things so here goes.

Firstly, I logged on and then went to private messages which I was in for approx 10 mins, then I went to active topics and only 2 showed up. Why?

Shouldn’t it show what’s been active since the last time I logged in? Or perhaps I’ve got the wrong meaning of “active”?

Usually if I go into active topics straight away then there’s a long list, but when I’ve gone somewhere else first such as Private messages then it doesn’t show the long list any more. I have it set to refresh after 5 mins, does that have any bearing.

Hope you can help as I’m finding it a bit frustrating. If you need further info then please let me know.

Regards
    PK

Profile photo of alicamalicam
    Participant
    @alicam

PK

Yeah it’s a tad confusing to me too and I’m meant to be the brains here! I’ll try and work it out for you.

Stay posted.

Alister
    WebSlave
    PropertyInvesting.com

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi guys

I’ve always had the same problem. It appears that once you go to Private Messages first, the system ‘resets’ your last login time to that time, so instead of saying that you last logged in yesterday, and showing you all topics since then, it says that basically you last logged in 5 minutes ago – hence very few active topics.

I’ve given up on going to PMs first.

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

There’s a simple solution.

In the Active Posts window use the dropdown to select a time period around when you previously logged in & you’ll see all the posts you missed.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Acey

That’s the workaround I use, but it’s hard when I forget the last time I logged on!! I then guess by which ones I think I read most recently….

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.