All Topics / Help Needed! / Leasebreak

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of DimondDimond
    @dimond

Can anyone advise of their experiences with a leasebreak. Also with their experience in regards to VCAT tenancy hearings ?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Dimind,

Have you spoken to your PM?

Has your tenant done a ‘runner’ without paying or are they just leaving early?

Depending on which of the events led to the lease break will determine the course of action you need to take.

I am assuming they have done a runner and owe money – get in touch with your landlords insurance company and start a claim process.

Also get in touch with the tenants tribunal (or whatever it’s called in your state) and get a copy of their guidelines. There may also be a landlords group in your state who can provide more detailed advice.

Ensure your PM registers the previous tenants on the ‘blacklist’ to help prevent them from repeating this behaviour.

Start looking for a new tenant.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

I had a tenant do a runner owing money, VCAT ordered in my favour stating that they owned me the money and had abandoned the property. I put the matter with a private collection agency and they are hunting down the offender.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of DimondDimond
    @dimond

Has anyone had experience against the tenants union of victoria ?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.