All Topics / Forum Frolic / Name the ranking

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Profile photo of The DIY Dog WashThe DIY Dog Wash
    @the-diy-dog-wash

Hey Steve

New Member: 0 – 19 Posts
    Infrequent Contributor: 20 – 59
    Regular Contributor: 60 – 199
    Frequent Contributor: 200 – 599
    Loads of time Contributor: 600 – 999
    Too much time Contributor!: 1000+[wink]

I would also suggest that if it is possible you have a field in our profiles that indicates number of property deals completed and show that info along with the joining date either on teh header of their post or on the public profile details. this would enable people to gage the level of property experience others have which is of most importance when taking strangers advice.

Cheers
    Leigh K[biggrin]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Good idea, Leigh. I would also like to have written next to people’s nicks the way they have made their money, ie wraps, buy and hold etc.

kay henry

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

Hmmmmmmmmmm where would it end, next we will be putting up peoples net worth next to their name?

There is a saying “Keep it Simple Stupid” Personally I don’t care wether we have stars or not. We are all intelligent people throwing ideas around and any one that takes info from the net as 100% gospel is setting them selves up for disaster.

Even putting next to our names how we made the money, or net worth, who is going to police its accuracy? Any one can put anything down and some poor newcomer may soon take the advice of someone that has no experience but appears as if they have made millions.

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

@kay-henry

bearsey,

Yeah, i was being a bit flippant in my post. Leigh, if you want to know how many IP’s people have, just ask them every time they post. Seriously, sometimes people on here post and i wonder if they actually have IP’s or not. I’m too gutless to ask them, but you could if you’re brave :o)

Actually, some of the wisest people on here (in MY opinion only) have next to no IP’s. It just depends on what you’re looking for.

kay henry

kay henry

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Lets not end up with a braggers forum.It doesnt matter how much you own or how you got it.What matters is whether you enjoy being here to help out or not.You may not be brainy or rich but you may be able to cheer someone up with a witty comment or motivate someone who needs a lift.Everyone has something different to offer so dont compare stars or networth or time on forum to the value of a post.
    Russ.

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Hi Steve

I like the idea of showing the Date joined, and perhaps the location of people? Although I note the date joined can be somewhat irrelevant as it actually denotes the date the person signed up for the newsletter – which I did, and didn’t know there was a forum for at least a couple of months…

Cheers
    Mel

@kay-henry

Yes, there’s some crucial info we are missing out on about members:

Residential Address: this one is good for stalkers

Tax file numbers: good for financial stalkers and hackers

Criminal record history: Nice to know who the draudsters are :o)

Size: Are you long or wide?

Colour: What colour are you? (I’m green)

Starsign: (then you can understand where people are coming from, if you are into that sort of thing)

Religion: Always an interesting thing to know

Voting pattern: Left, right, or the really sexy ones- swingers ;)

IP preferences: Houses, units, other

The list goes on and on! Any other things people would love to know about their fellow forum members, but were too afraid to ask?? hehe

kay henry

@kay-henry

Oh, by the way, nice to meet you DD :o) Welcome to the forum- hope you enjoy your stay!

kay henry

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Actually, some of the wisest people on here (in MY opinion only) have next to no IP’s. It just depends on what you’re looking for.

kay henry

I can see why you say that Kay [biggrin]

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of PurpleKissPurpleKiss
    Participant
    @purplekiss

Ok, I don’t care about the stars as you get to know the regulars and you also soon realise who knows what they are talking about regardless of whether they are regulars or not. However, I guess if I’m using the site I should at least make an effort to know what they are for. I gather the number of stars relate to the number posts, what does the colour of the star relate to?

Regards
    PK

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Yes, there’s some crucial info we are missing out on about members:

Voting pattern: Left, right, or the really sexy ones- swingers ;)

kay henry

Kay, that’s harsh!! Da fings I put up on da board are fings dat we could find by cliking on da members name an cheking out dere profile!

As for voting pattern, I’ve never understood the terms left, right etc. I even did a 6 month course on Aus Politics in Uni, but that just taught me about levels of government – which I still don’t really get as I’ve never lived anywhere other than Canberra, with it’s glorified council…

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

I change my mind, now I want more stars.

I should get 6 stars by now.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Viewing 12 posts - 21 through 32 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.