All Topics / General Property / Time right to buy an apartment?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of SylvesterSylvester
    @sylvester

I currently live in the inner city of Sydney in a one bed room apartment. I pay $345 p/w rent. Yuck! I’ve been looking around for apartments to buy as my first home but am unsure about a few things:

(1) Do I buy soon or wait?
    (2) Do I buy a newish apartment or an older style one with a view to fixing it up.

Initially I was very keen to purchase an older style unit so I could renovate. However it looks like there are bargains to be had in the new apartment market. I’m absolutely sick to death of paying rent and would love to be paying my own home off. Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Don’t you tink they could drop even further? Esp when the new stamp duty rules kick in.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of paul_spaul_s
    @paul_s

what kind of asking price are you looking to buy at, in terms of cashflow a mortgage on a ppor is likely to suck out and awful lot more cash than renting.

Have you considered renting and buying an ip?

Profile photo of SylvesterSylvester
    @sylvester

Thanks Paul. I have but the prospect of the FHOG and now the exemption on sales tax is very tempting. Also, I’m confident of being able to reduce the mortgage quite quickly. I’d be looking to by a property for about $350k with $70k deposit

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.