All Topics / General Property / Sharing resources

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

I am currently reading “NOTHING DOWN” by Robert G Allen.Wow this guy has some great ideas.
    One of the things I like is sharing resources.
    I wonder how many of you have read the book.
    One of the resources that interests me most is money.
    If you have five people who can come up with $5000 on demand then you have a lot of bargaining power.
    I wonder how many of you can come up with some dollars to get a deal happening at short notice.
    I find a few good deals and with the principles applied in this book I feel that I can help a few people to get a good return on there $5k.
    Email me if you like for more discussion.
    Russ.

Profile photo of BalliezBalliez
    Participant
    @balliez

Sounds like a good book. I like the sounds of the whole collective bargining power. Means that people that are trying to save for a deposit can chip in a little and get a better return on the money than sticking it in the bank! :D Might have a read of that book.

The weak will feed off of the strong until they are strong enough to be fed off of…

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Guys,

He’s running free courses in Sydney, Melbourne & Brisbane in May – so take a look at them.

Link is: http://www.visionpursuit.com.au

A thread where people on Somersoft are discussing Allen (with some background on him) is here: http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15598

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

RussH,

Just wondering……HOW MANY BOOKS HAVE YOU READ???????

BTW that guy I mentioned in one of my posts, the one who LOST EVERYTHING and was millions of dollars in debt, started out reading the exact same books you have mentioned plus many many others just like it.

I don’t see any harm in reading (it is good for the soul) but whatever you do….don’t let these books determine your actions, without thoroughly investigating them (professional advice) first.

Just a tip, please….no offense intended.

Jo

Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

Totally agree with Monopoly

Pursefattener

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Monopoly
    You seem to be very cynical about all my posts.
    You have done very well to get where you are but there are a lot of us who are still learning and books are a great way to learn.
    I dont think you should put people off with your way of thinking just cause your friend didnt cut the grade.
    Russ.[angry2]

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

RussH, I think Monopoly has a very good point here.

Isn’t she merely saying that it’s good to read these books, *but* check it out before you taking action upon what you read?
    You don’t want to RUSH into things without properly investigating do you?

If this is Monopoly’s opinion shouldn’t she have the right to share it?

You seem to be offended by most of her posts [party]

@monopoly

Thank you Celivia,

That is EXACTLY my point. I have NO OJECTION to READING….it is an excellent means of acquiring knowledge, BUT….it is NOT THE ONLY WAY.

Caution needs to be exercised…(not too much of course, you don’t want to sit on your hands all your life) but enough to take what your read use it as a guide.

There is no wrong or right way RussH, and people should do what they are comfortable with, but to proclaim that these books are (ALL) USEFUL is ludicrous! They have elements of usefulness I am sure, but I would never advocate strict adherence to same.

Good luck, and thanks again Celivia, glad someone actually read what I was trying to say.

Jo

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo
    Originally posted by Monopoly:

but to proclaim that these books are (ALL) USEFUL is ludicrous! They have elements of usefulness I am sure, but I would never advocate strict adherence to same.

Ludicrous is a very strong, and in my opion overly incorrect, word to use. Every book I have read regarding wealth and generating wealth has been useful. Is that to say each and every detail is correct ? No. But has each book given me some insight, or forced me to look at a situation in a new and different way. For that reason alone they are all well worth their money.

Anyone that picks any book off the shelf, reads it, follows it religously without thinking twice about what they were really doing, was probably going to lose all their money one way or another. The Henry Kaye’s of this world prey on those exact same type of people.

@monopoly

Baloo,

Did you read the word before USEFUL? I said ALL. I am sure most have useful elements, even if it means they make you think, but IMO they are not ALL useful, and again (strong or otherwise) IMO to believe so is ludicrous.

Sorry, if that doesn’t still well with you. But hey, I am not out to change your mind, only voice my opinion, which I am entitled to, as are you Baloo.

Thanks,

Jo

Profile photo of baloobaloo
    Participant
    @baloo

Settle down Monopoly. I was commenting on your choice of adjective when firing back at RussH. Next time I’ll just keep to myself as it seems anyone who posts disagreeing with yours results in a direct attack back, scattered with CAPITALISED words, which as we all know are coinsidered on the internet to be shouting.

As you yourself say many times, each to their own, so there is no need to try and shoot Russ down everytime he posts.

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I think you should all settle down a bit…

Cheers
    r [strum]

@monopoly
    Originally posted by Baloo:

Settle down Monopoly. I was commenting on your choice of adjective when firing back at RussH. Next time I’ll just keep to myself as it seems anyone who posts disagreeing with yours results in a direct attack back, scattered with CAPITALISED words, which as we all know are coinsidered on the internet to be shouting.

As you yourself say many times, each to their own, so there is no need to try and shoot Russ down everytime he posts.

Baloo,

Firstly, sorry about the CAPITALISED (oops, did it again; sorry, habit) it is my what of emphasising; I now realise that is not the case. I will to keep that in check.

Secondly, if you go back over all my posts, I rarely ever reply to RussH, and in one, I actually apologised re a mistaken figure for which he purchased a property.

Obviously RussH is a friend to you; that’s cool, I hope that continues to be the case. At the expense of making it look that way, I do not fire up at people for disagreeing with me; I prefer if they did, as it is a learning curve for me when they do.

I respect your opinion; and I apologise if I have expressed myself badly in your eyes. I do get passionate about issues, and at times, this can be viewed badly. I will try and keep that in check also.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Russ, i don’t think you should feel specifically targeted as if people might read through your posts, desperately looking for a loophole in your arguments to pick on. I know for me personally, if something doesn’t make sense to me, I ask questions, or I disagree with the perspective- doesn’t matter who makes it- logic is logic, reason is reason, and if there’s an absence of it, I’m interested in engaging in the discussion. I am sure other people do the same thing- it is not kay henry who they wish to argue with- just everything kay henry says seems worth arguing about!! [strum]

Russ, when you said:

“I wonder how many of you can come up with some dollars to get a deal happening at short notice.
    I find a few good deals and with the principles applied in this book I feel that I can help a few people to get a good return on there $5k.”

.. I feel that that is a pretty blatant ask for money. I know you spot on here, but I have seen many posts where someone says “Joint venture wanted. Email me” and those posts are immediately shut down. I *personally* don’t have an issue with advertising, but I know that you do, Russ, because you tell other people it’s not allowed.

I would urge all users of this forum to undertake caution in going into joint ventures with strangers. It’s possible that people who come up with the 5K (not a large amount for some, but a large amount for others) are precisely those for whom 5k is a lot to lose.

Russ and monopoloy- this is not a case of popularity. Frankly, most of the people on this forum are mature enough to express opinions without particularly worrying if those opinions might lead to friendships. As long as the opinions expressed are not abusive, then diversity of opinion is king!! [king]

kay henry

@russh

Kay Henry,
    I read a lot and find what I read very interesting.I wouldnt be here on this forum if it wasnt for reading Steves book to start with.
    What interests me is the fact that so many people read a book but never actually try any of the things in the book.
    Personally I cant see the point in reading a book if you dont learn something from it.
    The reason I posted my article about finding people with 5k is because in part of the book i,m reading that is exactly what the author suggests you do.
    You may like to read the book.The chapter you need is seventeen.”GREED and NEED:USING PARTNERS”
    “Let me challenge you to find five people in the next two years each of whom will be willing to lend you $5000.You would have a tremendous financial resource at you disposal using the $25000 you borrowed from your partners.And your partners would love you for it because you would be doing something for them that they could not do for themselves”
    Quoted from the book “NOTHING DOWN” by Robert G Allen.

@kay-henry

Yes, Russ- it does sound win/win :o) Problem is, if you lose all that money, then the 5 people who loaned you money may kill you – hehe.

Personally, I only loan from banks- not vendors, not family, not friends, not strangers. It’s my choice, and I may be missing out on these tremendous deals by only borrowing from bank, and not members of a forum.

But I do have a question… Why on earth would forum members loan me money anyway? I think they’d be funky idit (that spelling’s for you, Pisces! [biggrin] to loan me money. Wouldn’t I have to be able to demonstrate my previous profit-making ability, a plan of what I would be doing with the money etc etc? Or would people just loan me 5 big ones and wait for their money to come back in triplicate?

Call me a simple fool… but I have no idea why anyone would (a) borrow from strangers… or (b) loan to strangers.

kay henry

@russh

Kay Henry.
    Just why I do these things.So many people wouldnt ask family,friends,strangers etc.And that is why most people dont get anywhere in life.They are tooo afraid to get out of the comfort zone and do something different.Well not me.Since reading Steves book I have a whole new outlook on life.And on my journey to the top I want to help as many people as I can.I am now engrossing myself in learning the techniques applied by millionaires and following in their footsteps.
    I think it was Steve who said something about finding rich people and emulating what they do.Well that is my plan.If they made it to the top then so can I.
    “Whatever man can conceive and believe,man can achieve”
    Everyone has a different way of getting to the top.Me I like to do what has already been proven.
    No re inventing the wheel for me.
    Russ.

@kay-henry

Yeah, russ, I guess I just get confused, because on the one hand, people say “success comes from doing things differently” and on the other, they might say “no point in reinventing the wheel”… kind of contrary messages…

You said:

“So many people wouldnt ask family,friends,strangers etc.And that is why most people dont get anywhere in life.”

Russ, many people on here might not borrow from family and friends, because we can borrow from banks. I am not sure how you equate that with not getting anywhere in life.

Russ, I learn things from books, too, but if a book said “I challenge you to go out and buy 4 OTP’s right now, well, I would hardly do that (although some might). We don’t have to do everything a book says- sometimes, we can use our own judgement and mind- doing things differently, remember?

Your topic was about “sharing resources”, and you said one of your favourite resources was money. You then said you would like to borrow 5k from 5 people. I am thinking that if a bank would loan you 25k, why don’t you just do that? Don’t you think it puts individuals into a vulnerable situation to loan you 25k? What kind of backup do you have if something goes wrong?

kay henry

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Hmm…well it’s not reinventing the wheel to do things differently.

Many other people have done things differently in the past!

Every change in society, in laws, in technology creates new opportunities and modifies – perhaps even destroys – old ones.

Don’t draw blindly from the approaches that have worked in the past. Apply your experience and skills to improve the approaches.

We don’t need to bang stones together to generate fire anymore.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

@russh

Kay Henry.
    I do what the book says because it makes sense.Thats what learning is all about.If a principal makes sense then apply the principal.
    I cant keep borrowing from the bank when I dont have a job.So therefore I look at ways of being creative.I ask myself the question.”This is a good deal but you cant borrow anymore,are you going to pass it up or are you going to do something?”
    My brain then searches for an answer like everyones does.It tells me to read and research and find new ways of doing things that I hadnt thought of before.
    It finds creative ways to access the money needed for the project.It acts on what it has learnt.
    Re:Posting on the forum and asking a huge audience for help.
    No one is obligated in anyway.But those who wish to act upon my suggestions have the same good opportunity to make a dollar with me as others can.I could go to the bank and pay big fees or I can source money through being creative and pay no fees at all.This just adds to the profit at the end of the day.
    But for all the people who dont want to take risk that is fine.I,m not twisting anyones arm.
    But remember that if you dont take a certain amount of risk then you will be taking the long slow road to the top.
    Russ.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.