All Topics / General Property / Tenants :The Good The Bad + Ugly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

How would you handle tenants who pay on time no problem care for the property well but refuse to mow lawns . I know you cannot expect a tenant to maintain a garden but the agreement is the tenants are responsible for the lawns.

The other option is to pay someone to go in and mow the lawns and build this into the rental agreement. Which I have done in the past.

I want to have the valuation done shortly on one property and like to see a good presentation.

One of my tenants is disabled and obviously not capable.

I note on my monthly statements from pm that lawn mowing fees are taking a fair slice of the pie

Solutions????
    Pursefattener

Profile photo of NEWGENNEWGEN
    Participant
    @newgen

Might not be a good idea but worth a shot.. this idea depends on how long you want to keep the property as a rental for and how big the lawn area is. You could do a minor landscaping job or just re-do the lawn with a low maintenance grass.

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Pay for the mowing, get rid of the grass or get rid of the tenant.

Mowing once a month is not something that will send you or the tenant broke, perhaps you can split the cost.
    Can you change the front yard into a low manteneace garden? Pebbles, concrete, rocks, woodchips, Roundup, Mondo grass?
    Get rid of the tenant . . .nee only kidding, if he pays and in time, get rid of the grass.

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

When is the lease up for renewal????

Look at writing into the next agreement. Maybe adding, that if he mows the lawn, you will not raise the rent by so much, or split the differnce. Either way, compromise is the best solution here.

Don’t be hard on him, after all, apart from the grass issue, he pays on time, and keeps the place immaculate (otherwise)…..DAMN that’s good, don’t risk losing him….there are some real horrors out there that will do more damage than neglecting the lawn.

Worst case scenario….pay for it all yourself, and claim in as a tax deduction (garden maintenance)….so I was told by my accountant.

Jo

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.