All Topics / General Property / Tenants :The Good The Bad + Ugly

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Profile photo of PursefattenerPursefattener
    @pursefattener

How would you handle tenants who pay on time no problem care for the property well but refuse to mow lawns . I know you cannot expect a tenant to maintain a garden but the agreement is the tenants are responsible for the lawns.

The other option is to pay someone to go in and mow the lawns and build this into the rental agreement. Which I have done in the past.

I want to have the valuation done shortly on one property and like to see a good presentation.

One of my tenants is disabled and obviously not capable.

I note on my monthly statements from pm that lawn mowing fees are taking a fair slice of the pie

Solutions????
    Pursefattener

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Why are you paying the lawnmowing fees already?

I would say to the tenant that it will be an extra $20pw in rental to cover lawnmowing. If they are willing to mow the lawn themselves, then there is no increase.

I seriously don’t get why you’re paying for it now…….

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of qwertyqwerty
    Participant
    @qwerty

I have NEVER had a tenant mow a lawn or look after a garden to anything I would regard as satisfactory. I remember one of my properties, I complained to the PM about the lawns not being cut and the next time I saw it was mauled to the dirt!!.

Pay for a gardener, get it revalued and let them live in it with the lawns to the eaves!
    [biggrin]

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Pursefattener,

It sounds like your tenants are incompatible with living in a house and taking responsibilities for gardening etc. If you have a unit, and the tenants are good tenants, maybe you could shift them into a unit? It might be the case that some people with a disability, or some ageing tenants might not be able to cope with a yard.

Having said that, yes, it is the responsibility of tenants to mow lawns. In the shared household I lived in, we used to get someone in to do it and divvy up the cost. I really think your tenants should be paying for this, and maybe once a year, as an xmas present, you could pay for their lawns to be mowed.

kay henry

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.