All Topics / General Property / Owners from hell !!!

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of Ali GAli G
    Participant
    @ali_g

Really interesting to see that so many of us are on completely different wavelengths. In an odd but necessary way, I guess this is what ‘makes the world go around’, like it or not.

Stay with me on this one: I worked at the RSPCA and saw hundreds of animals put to sleep. I tried to personally re-home as many as I could – sometimes buying them myself – but couldn’t keep up. I travelled to India and was constantly chased by kids wanting food and money. I tried to give them what I had but realised it was futile – I could not help them all. I travelled to Vietnam and saw monkeys on short chains and insane bears pacing in cages barely bigger than the size of their bodies. A few dollars to set one free would not help them all. I worked in a community clinic and assisted in the provision of free health-care services but was unable to see everyone myself or extend the service to all those in need.

What does this tell me?

You can not help everyone, especially not on a one-by-one basis. I now donate money to organisations that actually help these people and animals in a way that is far more efficient and effective than I could do on my own. One day I plan to open my own clinic for underprivileged people in the state in which I live. The only way – IMHO – to make a big difference is to go ‘grand scale’. That is not to say that helping the little old lady down the road is a waste of time – it is not – but hopefully you see where I am coming from.

Russ, follow the suggestions from everyone above, learn from the experience and let it go. If you help out ‘behind the scenes’ in terms of donations for example, next time you are faced with a similar situation you will know you are helping the broader cause and will not let the situation overwhelm your original purpose.

It is up to you to determine what will help you sleep best at night – so do what you see as ‘right’.

Just my two cents…

Ali G

Profile photo of obiwanobiwan
    @obiwan

it is indeed hopleless to try to save the world’s problems singlehandedly. But if you encounter someone who has a car accident on the street where they are unable to themselves call for help or in some other situation where there is an obligation to help someone else (as a decent human fellow being) then you should. There is no obligation to actually help her yourself, but to call for help for her. Same with someone being raped, assaulted, someone elses car being stolen. No obligation to put your wellbeing at risk, but you do have an obligation to get help. To walk away is a serious deriliction of moral responsibilty.

If you encounter someone with a serious mental illness who maybe a risk to themselves or others then you should ring the mental health service.

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b
    Originally posted by obiwan:

Same with someone being raped, assaulted, someone elses car being stolen. No obligation to put your wellbeing at risk, but you do have an obligation to get help. To walk away is a serious deriliction of moral responsibilty.

If you encounter someone with a serious mental illness who maybe a risk to themselves or others then you should ring the mental health service for advice.

And THAT is the problem with society today as I see it. No-one wants to get involved anymore be it out of fear, lazyness or whatever. If people got involved, a lot less terrible things would happen in the world.

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

0414 347 771
    [email protected]
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Solution?

HOw about this:

A) Lease OPtion:
    1. Offer the owner $5K (as a lease option fee= $18,000 strike price) to relocate. – Comes off the price of course if option is excercised .

2. Pay $60/week to her to look after her outstanding mortgage.(estimated cost to her is $26/week based on 16K@7% on 25yr term)

3. Of the $60/week, $40/week comes of the house price for 12 Months.

4. spend $5K on repairs.

5. increase rent to $80/week for new tennants.

6. Set up so that in year 2,3 & 4… full $60/week comes off house price
    Pros:
    – No Stamps
    – Assisting owner to get to where they need to go
    – No mortgage required
    – New tennant happy as place is clean and functioning.
    – Paying $3,120 off property in 12 months interest free if Option is excersized.
    – $1,040 (@$20.00/week excess) income derived from property in year one.
    – Property paid off in 2.9 Years
    – Claim losses VIA tax return.

Not so hot considerations:
    – $10,000 cash outlay initially for 2.9 years.

Food for thought anyway.
    Cheers,
    Kiwi[baaa]

Profile photo of Robbie BRobbie B
    @robbie-b

There are other investments besides lease options.

How can you pluck figures from nowhere without knowing the deal?

Robert Bou-Hamdan
    Mortgage Adviser

0414 347 771
    [email protected]
    http://www.mortgagepackaging.com.au

FREE Finance-Related Newsletter – Click Here

Comments made are of a general nature and should not be construed as individual advice.
    © 2004 Mortgage Packaging Pty Ltd

Profile photo of Kiwi-FullaKiwi-Fulla
    @kiwi-fulla

Hey thanks for the constructive response…. at least I am trying to come up with a solution… what are you trying to do apart from rubbish other opinions or ideas (that I really care anyway)?

Sure….I have based my figures on theoretical assumptions … but I am sure if the real figures were known I could sort out a transaction that works for all… and on the fly while sitting down in front of her… what could you do apart from try to strip down the poppies trying to rise above the rest?
    Everybody knows that there are other tools out there….
    What is your solution? more debt?
    I would not waste time give 4 obvious solutions that could be made here… I guess the point is you only get one shot at securing the transaction and if you do not have a solid strategy… then you could blow your credibility by either fumbling though some hair brained solution that you have not fully thought out prior to the meeting…. or you will run the risk of confusing the heck out of the vendor and they will never go for your solution … because it just does not make sense… stick to the KISS method and you increase your success rate. – hey why not give it a go?
    Cheers,
    Kiwi
    [baaa]

Viewing 6 posts - 41 through 46 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.