All Topics / General Property / Owners from hell !!!

Register Now for My Free Live Training Series!
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)
  • Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Gee Ive heard about tenants from hell but the place I checked out today had an owner from hell.
    When I rang and asked to inspect the property the lady said it was a bit messy.”No worries love I,m looking at the building not the housekeeping”I say to her.
    I rock up out front and decide to have a look at the front before knocking on door.I dont get much chance as she spots me and calls me in.
    Well in all my days I have to say I have never seen anything like it.As I walked through the front entrance I see wires hanging out of wall and ask how long they have been exposed.14.5 yrs she says.I,m surprised she is still alive.
    Well there was stuff everywhere all over the floor half way up walls in some spots.
    She says she is still packing.It looked like she had unpacked 14.5 yrs ago and never put it anywhere just added to it.
    I had my camera with me and thought i,d better get a few shots off so I dont forget anything.
    I also had my notebook but after a while I stopped writing and just put big exclamation marks for each room.
    Unbelievable.I dont know how people can live like this.The filth and stench was incredible.
    The hardest part was when she told me about a past tenant who had not cleaned her stove.I nearly choked
    You couldnt even see the stove now for all the s..t that was piled on top of it.
    Unfortunately she says it doesnt work anymore.
    Gee I wonder why.
    None of the cupboards are fixed in the kitchen they just sit on a wonky floor.I walk very carefully so nothing falls on me.
    Master bedroom.Only bedroom.Hmmmmmmmm !!!!!!!!
    I,m sur theres a floor there somewhere but i cant get past the door to find out.
    Clothes are piled 3 foot high from door to other side of room and beyond.Dont know how long they have been there but the spiders sure have the place sussed.Where the clothes finished the webs took over.All the way to the ceiling.
    I managed to get my head around the door and have trouble keeping my breakfast down.
    From the edge of the bed to the wall and piled nearly 2 feet high and 4 feet long was a pile of incontinance? pads.USED.
    Well I gotta say it didnt take long to get out the back door looking for some fresh air.
    I wondered if the pads had been there 14.5 years.
    Sure smelt like it .After recomposing myself I head around the front and come back in the front door to talk to the owner.I ask if she owes any money on the property and she says $16000.
    That blows the offer.I was gonna say 10 000.
    She says she has to get 20 000 so she has a few dollars to move.
    I tell her there are a few things need fixing and that she would be lucky to get 15 000.
    She gives me a look dirtier than her house and I think it might be a good time to leave.
    I stop at the first service station and scrub my hands and head for home.All the time trying to keep my breakfast down.
    Home at last and straight in the shower for a good scrub.
    What an experience.
    I like money but the thought of cleaning out that room for a bit of profit keeps my stomach churning at full pace.
    I think i,ll leave this one for the novice sight unseen buyer who thinks that the returns are worth buying without seeing.
    Good luck guys.

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

To funny Russ! Maybe wee should start a home page with pic’s from the past. I have one that will surpass them all, its better than a Today Tonight story, the guy had a collecting disorder, lived at home for 65 years with his invalid mother.

The crap was up to the roof with only a 30cm walkway to get to the kitchen, bath etc, a real shythole!

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

It sounds like the lady is not coping in life, Russ. The story you’ve described is a very sad one.

kay henry

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Sounds like a great buy to me!

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

And you ACTUALLY considered buying it????????????

Man, would love to know what the rental on that would be, and/or what the value of the property would be in say 10 years time (if it is still standing that is)!!!!

Sorry, guys but I find it hard to believe that anyone would consider such a dump. I had a look at one property valued at 160K months ago, with/for a friend of mine who didn’t have more than this to spend, and I was nearly sick….there were dog turds all over the kitchen floor, lounge room and on furniture!!! [angry2]

Nice…….!!!!

Jo

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

I consider buying anything.I,m still considering this property.I think i,ve nearly got the wife hooked up for the cleaning job.
    Seriously if I get it for 16k spend 5k ive got a rental of $80p/w.She was getting $60 for it before so I think $80 would be fair.
    Every dollar adds up.
    Russ.

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious
    Originally posted by RussH:

I consider buying anything.I,m still considering this property.I think i,ve nearly got the wife hooked up for the cleaning job.
    Seriously if I get it for 16k spend 5k ive got a rental of $80p/w.She was getting $60 for it before so I think $80 would be fair.
    Every dollar adds up.
    Russ.

Just for my own wisdom Russ, what is the population of the town this dump is in?

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner

Russ, your description besides being very well written, describes a person with a mental health issue, a serious one.
    I woulnd’t worry too much about the cleaning up. Pay a cleaning agency to do it for you. We had once such a house in Leichard Sydney and the council did the clean up.

I saw an appartment once where an old lady had died on the carpet of her bedroom and was found 2 months later..[puke].

No sweat, there are cleaners for any job.

PS
    Do you do any spotting in NSW?

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

@russh

Guys
    I feel very sad for this lady.I dont know if she chooses to live like this or whether she has a medical condition that causes it???????
    I,m certainly not out to save the world but I would like to help this lady sell her house and move closer to her children.
    However unless she accepts a suitable offer I feel she will be left in a worsening situation.
    I think if I could offer this lady enough money to move an get settled near her children then perhaps she would let me take over her property and fix it up to a more saleable condition.
    If I was able to onsell for her at a profit and then give her the money to pay out her loan we may be able to do something.
    All offers of help from you guys would be greatly appreciated.
    You could all chuck in a couple of dollars to get things happening here and do your good deed for the year.
    Russ.

@monopoly

Well RussH,

Put your money where you mouth is boy!!! If you are soooooooooooooooooooo concerned with this woman’s well being, pay her what she originally asked for and NEEDS to pay off her loan.

Why are you extending your hand out to us???? For all I know, she (a) doesn’t exist, and (b) I won’t be making a profit out of buying her dump.

You want help her out, and profit from her misfortunate too by getting her home cheap, and asking everyone else to ease your guilty mind because deep down you know you have taken advantage of someone’s misfortunate….get real !!!!! HOW INSULTING!!!

SORRY ALL, but I for one, WILL NOT EASE YOUR GUILT RUSSH. Do it yourself; if you really care!
    I will be more than glad to help her DIRECTLY not through you!!!

Jo

@russh

Can I write anything without you attacking it Monopoly.
    I have enjoyed this forum and made lots of friends but when people like you get on here and have nothing better to do that attack others then I think it may be time to give it a rest.
    I know a lot of people enjoy my posts as I get mail daily.
    Russ.[angry2]

@monopoly

RussH,

Firstly, I apologise for “attacking” you; you’re right that was quite unfair of me….sorry, but you hit a nerve. You claim to care for this woman, but with the same breath you turn around and ask for everyone else to help her….why???? So you can take the credit for it, or to ease your conscience????

I don’t care about your popularity, and I hope my honesty doesn’t jeopardize same; however YOUR SUGGESTION not my comments is what is questionable here…..you stand to gain from this woman, I don’t. I feel sorry for her too, but I am not trying to squeeze a better deal out of her.

Be honest, not just with me, or those in here, but with yourself. If you feel threatened by me, ask yourself why.

I am not a malicious person at all; but at least I will answer you directly; you didn’t answer my PM which I did not post publicily….to save you the embarrassment!!! Hence, I am not our to harm your friendship with anyone here….get over it.

BE HONEST, or don’t make absurd suggestions, and aboveall ADVISE OTHERS WITH CAUTION….you could be risking their financial well being with your fanatical obsession with some of the book experts.

Jo

Participant
    @1winner

Jo, Russ, come on! you are behaving like kids.

Russ, it is your business to spot opportunities, and the best deal is the win-win deal. If you feel you need to exercise charity, walk away, something is not right.

Jo, I understand that a call for charity in this forum must sound unusual and difficult if not impossible to execute to everyone’s satisfaction but to assume automatically it is a scam is not nice.
    Remember that is not uncommon for most people to have loaded in their subconscious mind and totally unknown to them the fallacy that rich people become rich at the expense of the poor. When a good deal comes along, their subconscious kicks in and says, if the deal is good that means you are taking away form the vendor what is not yours to take. It is incredible to see how people shoot themselves in the foot every time their subconscious kicks in.

As far as “helping” a person in such mental state as to live in the conditions you describe Ross, I don’t know if relocating her would help, it may have the opposite effect. I would consult a professional in mental health before assuming I am helping. Just my two bobs. The health department or the local council or hospital social worker may be able to shed some light on this if helping her is what you want to do.
    Remember the best deal is the win-win deal.

@russh

I feel very deeply about what I write on these forums.I also feel deeply for people who are less fortunate than myself.That is one of the reasons I spend so much time on this forum in the hope that I may be able to cheer someone up or help someone in some sort of way.
    I do not profess to be a proffessional adviser and people have the right to question what I say.
    I post for the fun and enjoyment I and others may recieve.
    My views may be a bit one sided at times but this is the home of positive cashflow and all those who dont like +CF should be a little more discreet with their ideas in this regard.
    I promote +CF yet I get shunned for my thoughts.

As for the unfortunate lady in my story I am not taking advantage of her at all.She is asking $20 000 for her house and it is overpriced for what it offers.
    What I was trying to do was offer this lady a way out of her predicament because I dont think any one else would pay her what she wants and she will just end up worse off.
    I am not in a position to pay her fees to move on as I myself am on a pension.
    That is why I explore alternative ways of doing business.If any one wanted to help out they would all get there money back plus profit from it.
    I am not scamming anyone here.
    If anything I am trying to achieve a win win situation for all concerned.
    Russ.

@monopoly

Fair enough RussH,

And believe it or not….I am not out to get you; besides you live in aother state!!! LOL

Seriously, I don’t care what or how you conduct yourself financially, this is entirely your business.

Wanting to help someone is one thing, but actually doing it is another.

I feel as though you aren’t hearing me, so rather than continue and make you feel that I am merely out to attack you, I will let the matter go. Your last post was a bit more heart-felt and you obviously do have some compassion, just a funny way of expressing it.

All the best,

Jo

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

I guess I must have also misunderstood your compassion, Russ, viz “I also feel deeply for people who are less fortunate than myself”) because your topic was titled “Owners from hell”. I didn’t see any compassion in your first post about the lady that owned that house. All I saw was derision. In fact, it’s possible I felt more queasy on reading your original post about this lady’s situation, than you did upon actually leaving her house (and you described yourself as feeling pretty queasy).

I wish i had have been able to see your empathy and absolute feeling for this woman when you wrote your first post- but the title seemed clearly indicative of something else.

kay henry

@russh

In hindsight I think that the heading was a bit strong for the situation.It was an eye opener for me and the more I thought about it after writing the post the more I realised that this lady needed help.Funny thing is she seemed quite with it when I spoke to her.So not exactly sure about her condition (medical,mental,physical.)
    Thing is I only went to inspect her house not get tied up in her problems.
    But the more I think about her predicament the more I want to help.
    Trouble is I dont want to interfere.
    ???????
    Russ

@monopoly

RussH,

Not sure if you can or not, as I am not familiar with the editing abilities of this forum, but as you were the instigator of the thread, can you not remove it if you so choose??

Maybe, that would help!

Just a suggestion.

Jo

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

Russ,

Not sure if you have heard of some of Steve & Dave’s war stories, but it reminds me of one on their “Fasttrack” tape….

If you are gonna do something, I hope you try to help the person first, and the deal second.

Sounds like you need to think of a way to help her to move, and, give her a reasonable price… As mentioned by others, either get a cleaning company to santitise the place, or, buy a mask, open up all the windows, and, hire a trailer…. DIY….

It’s sad in this day and age we have people in this situation….

Hope you, or someone else, does indeed help her…

Participant
    @1winner

If the house is overpriced then perhaps she does not want to sell at all.

Russ, I asked so many times, come on, tell me once for all, are you in NSW or not? If so I may have some spotting work for you.

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 46 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.