All Topics / General Property / SYDNEY FOR SALE?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of CarLoverCarLover
    Participant
    @carlover

I live in Sydney south west. I have noticed a lot of “For Sale” sign prop up in the last few weeks. Today, I was driving around Paramatta and I couldn’t believe how many properties were for sale.

Have other people who live in Sydney observed the same thing?

If it is happening throughout Sydney, it could be from sellers hoping to avoid the new seller stamp duty, but sending the market down as part of the process. That will not make the Carr government very popular…

What are other forumites living in Sydney observing?

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Same here, we live in a culdersac of about 30 houses in the west, nice spot close to everything and lucky to see 2 houses for sale per year. There are 3 on the market since Carrs great idea!

True as I speak!

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

I haven’t noticed any more houses than usual in my area for sale, but just that none have sold!

Some have been on the market for 3 – 4 months.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of gmh454gmh454
    @gmh454

Live in the Nth West of Sydney (Glenhaven). Saw my first front page “prices property slump headline ” yesterday in the local paper. Interviewed numerous agents who were telling tales of price drops, a market peak of Oct Nov 2003 and how some agents will go to the wall.
    Also performed the function of “correcting sellers expectations ” by providing the info on the new selling environment.
    Told a tale of a block of land in Kellyville for sale for $600,000 !!!!! (guess its 600 approx sq mtrs)that won’t sell. WONDER WHY.

Perception will become reality.

Profile photo of bruhambruham
    Participant
    @bruham

On the Northern Beaches, there’s always plenty for sale. Not much different than any other time.
    Rentals are the more interesting aspect of the property scene.
    Young couple,no children, have been trying to rent a decent home unit for awhile. Rent as many old red brick,three story walk-up units as you want.Vacancies by the mile.
    Finally they “won” a new unit to rent.There are queues of people wanting to rent new, modern and decent size home units.
    This only happened this week,so investors with good stock still have no need to worry.

bbruham.[whistle]
    A one property millionaire.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.