All Topics / Opinionated! / Which Bank?

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by elves:

I lost quite a few points when Ansett went down the tubes

Tell me about it – I was at Saphire level about to go Platinum cause of the three monthly o/s trips I was doing at the time.

We’ve cut up Amex recently – but only because I don’t like how difficult they are to deal with. Frankly after my experiences I’d NEVER recommend AMEX to anyone.

I like my other cards – it’s very useful to be able to pick up a property with a credit card (deposit not the entire loan) when you see a fantastic deal :) Provided you manage the interest free period that is!

Have only done this once so far with a property & once bought into a stock the same way for the same reason (instant opportunity, the delay in liquidating other assets would cause the opp to be missed) but I like to keep it up my sleeve.

Remember credit cards are only dangerous if you aren’t disciplined and in control. Just like fire.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Acey, did you get the Agent to accept credit card for deposit, or did you have to make a cash advance?

We tried putting the deposit on the card before, but were told that the agents don’t take credit cards….

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Accept a credit card.

Good agents are flexible :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear
    Originally posted by Aceyducey:
    Accept a credit card.

Good agents are flexible :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Kewl!

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

>>Your phone calls to me to arrange dinners and flights to meet forum members – yes, interesting… you sure do have a rich inner world, Pisces.<<

It all makes for interesting posts Kay.

The world is in such a terrible shape today that a joke here and there doesn’t go astray.

Pisces

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.