All Topics / General Property / couple of questions

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Profile photo of jamesRjamesR
    @jamesr

Went to an auction the other day, guy said no easement? Whats that?

Any thoughts on buying a bedsit??

Profile photo of Still in SchoolStill in School
    @still-in-school

Hi Jamesrhee,

Its just a small bit of your property, that allows you to use it as access to another adjoing or adjacent properties next to yours…

an example, theres a house behind you, but to access it, they share the same driveway of yours on your property.

Cheers,
    sis

People 4get that by saving just $3 a day & investing it sensibly
    over a working life, you’ll end up with around $1 million

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni

I could be wrong but I
    always thought it was the seweridge
    pipes runing at the back of your property

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

An easement is basically a right of way.So that means you cant put a building or obstruction of any sort on the easement.Lots of proprty has easement for different reasons.I had one on my hobby farm.It gave the electricity people right of way to work on power.So you couldnt build a stable or something on the easement.Some easements are for water authority access to drains.
    Hope you get the picture.
    Russ.

Profile photo of jamesRjamesR
    @jamesr

Ah, thanks guys.

james

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

James
    Basically what has been said above is correct.
    You will also see mostly are PAWA easements in the NT. In areas where they are contracting for underground power – (yay for wet season power blackouts minimisation) also check for proposals as large units although they fence them occupy a square chunk of land at the front of the property with an – ugly box. !!!

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Sorry forgot – “Bed sit” generally refers to a one room flat that the kitchen lounge dining and bedroom (bed) is all in one. The bathroom facilities are usually in a seperate room.

I have not researched the worth/viablity/demand of such an investment and so cannot comment on this aspect.

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

Bedsitters are not the best investment for most, BUT if you have something like this near a uni campus, it might be ok, depends really doesnt it?

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.