All Topics / Finance / Unlocking equity on overseas home

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of u2jamu2jam
    @u2jam

Could somebody please advise me how I can unlock the equity on a home which I own in England? Is this possible at all or should this house be sold? Ideally, I would like to keep this house.
    Thank you in advance.

Profile photo of SaskatoonSaskatoon
    Participant
    @saskatoon

u2jam,
    I don’t know specifics about English mortgage loans, but I suggest that one would use the same method as Australia:
    go to your lender and ask for the mortgage loan to be increased. You would need to show that you can service the increased loan. You should then have a sum which you can use for investing…
    Have you looked at one of the British property investing weebsites?
    Terry.

Terence McMahon
    HomeWin
    Finance

Profile photo of RyderRyder
    @ryder

I needed to do this and the only way was to remortgage the house. My existing building society wouldn’t touch me as I no longer earnt pounds (having moved to Austrlaia) , so I had to go to another lender and becuase I was now living in Australia I had to get an ex-pat loan. Then all I had to do was prove an income. However, I still managed to get a good discounted rate for 2 years.

Look at http://www.themoneycentre.net/ or just do a search for buy to let mortgages.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.