Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)
  • Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

awww- no problem, Miss Poly :o)

Hope you’re enjoying the forum :)

kay henry

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Yes DAAJ

I can see the difference, but unfortunately some people don’t like to through around numbers. It makes them uncomfortable, for whatever reason.

I understand their view, as I do your curiousity.

Maybe you could re-phrase your questions? Not sure how, without causing some doubt about your motive, or in getting a straight answer.

Good luck in your endeavours,

Jo

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Thanks Monopoly it was only a couple of questions i asked, and you will always have someone doubt your intentions which i fully accept on this forum as i have read many of the past threads especially the people with the largest amount of posts and stars and whom are the most critical…(They always give me a good laugh) And so i see no reason for me to change the way i post on this forum.
    Cheers Dom[biggrin]

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hello Daaj,

I dont have a problem with your question. I also get curious about how many properties people on this forum own, who are the spotters etc.

We have 3 investment properties plus our own home.
    One of these properties will be used for subdivision, so hopefully early next year when building demand slows down will have 4 IP.

One of our properties is a holiday home which we use all year round, this is purely so we can maintain some sanity in my life.

WHAT ABOUT YOU??

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by Monopoly:

Sorry Bear1964 [guilty][guilty][guilty][guilty]

Jo

NP”s[thumbsupanim]

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of 1Winner1Winner
    Participant
    @1winner
    Originally posted by DAAJ:

Who on this forum owns an investment property,either outright or owes to a Financial institution?

Mm, not sure what’s all the fuss about this question guys, then man is curious, just tell him.
    I don’t own any IP outright, some of my earlier purchase have a small loan of less than 20% of their current value. Besides my own home I have 8 IP, one is negative cash flow the rest all +CF.

May God bless you
    and prosper you.
    Marc

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I have given this answer a number of times myself. so not going to repeat it LOL

you know ‘you’ dont have to own a property to know what you are talking about. Maybe ‘you’ studied accountancy and have all the answers- I wish

owning property in others words gives you no more credance than the guy on the street you might think is a bench dweller.

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of hgwellshgwells
    @hgwells

own our ppor and have 3 others – all in nsw – [crying] hg

Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

We have one IP that we bought by accident in 2000. We were going to move out of Sydney to the Sth Coast of NSW. The work transfers were organised and the property was purchased as our home. The work transfers fell through and we were left with a house that we could not sell. The agent we got it through leased it out for us and this turned out to be the best financial luck we have ever had. The rent more than covered the mortgage repayments and we thought that we had invented the concept of +CF IP in rural areas. Several years later I heard about 0 to 130 Properties in 3.5 Years and, after reading it, realised that others knew of our discovery.

Lucky for us we recently got out of Sydney (living in a rented house) and have just started trying to buy more property.

I wouldn’t have a problem telling this to anyone that asked. I don’t feel it’s too personal. I have also been curious about people who post on this site but guess I’m just not the sort to ask unsolicited questions that may be percieved as too personal (especially as I’m new here). I have found that by reading people’s posts I am starting to get to know them. Besides that, it wouldn’t matter to me if someone had 0 or X properties, if their advice/experience was helpful and I could make it work for me then GREAT!!! On the other hand if I din’t like their advice for whatever reason then why follow it?

Regards
    Sonja

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Here’s an example…

Noone here asks the mortgage brokers how many properties they have, and yet, they are hugely respected. If they had zero or ten, I would still find their advice and information excellent!

Sonja, I agree with your lower paragraph. I asked elsewhere for people’s advice/opinion on painting. But if someone had have said “paint it with paint thinner- you get the best results”, I would have just discounted their advice. I didn’t have to know how many IP’s people had before I found their information credible.

kay henry

Profile photo of kalonikaloni
    @kaloni

Hi Daaj
    You have asked the question
    you have not answered it yourself
    Why???

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

This probably help:

https://www.propertyinvesting.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=8778&SearchTerms=net,worth

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by kay henry:

Noone here asks the mortgage brokers how many properties they have, and yet, they are hugely respected. If they had zero or ten, I would still find their advice and information excellent!

I ask the mortgage brokers I listen to whether they invest in property…and a bit of a discussion with them clears up very quickly whether they know their stuff or not….

I hope people do this with the people they choose to work with – brokers, accountants, solicitors, buyers’ agents, etc…

Generally in my experience, people who are active property investors (and I don’t mean someone who’s currently looking for their first investment) have a deeper understanding and appreciation of the service and support investors need.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of MiniMogulMiniMogul
    Participant
    @minimogul

I have four properties ….man, that rolls off the toungue really nicely….well actually, I only have three. Which I own 100 percent – no finance. but have a contract to sign for IP #4 on Tues!!
    Am about to get first ever loan in my whole life . this will effectively double the size of my asset base so is actually a bigger deal comparitively for me- I will be then 50 percent LVR over the whole portfolio.

But have been extremely busy lately finding deals for Aussie investors in NZ. In fact it’s hard to keep up with demand!!!

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly
    Originally posted by MiniMogul:

Am about to get first ever loan in my whole life .

WOW – you’re first loan, that is so so cool. I too owon property 100% but I have had to borrow from the tender age of 18. Good for you.

Jo

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Hi Daaj
    You have asked the question
    you have not answered it yourself

Why???
    kaloni
    Your the first to ask.
    I have 1 PPOR owe $140,000 and have total of 4 IP not owned at approx valuation $900,000.

The reason i dont pay off PPOR is because you can never say it will stay your PPOR, and it will be a tax benifit at a later stage if it turns into an IP.
    Dom
    [biggrin]

Viewing 16 posts - 21 through 36 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.