All Topics / General Property / Foreclosures

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Profile photo of SonjaSonja
    @sonja

I keep getting e-mails advertising cheap property available through foreclosure sales. Problem is that they are in the USA. Do we have these sales or something similar in Australia?
    Regards
    Sonja

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

We sure do, very hard to find if you dont know someone in the know…….you know[blink]

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Look to your real estate sales listed as MORTGAGEE SALE; this is another way of saying the bank is chasing the vendor for their money!!!!

Jo

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hello Sonja,

Be aware that mortgage sales do not always = good buying price. Research still needs to be done.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of TerrywTerryw
    Participant
    @terryw

Mortgage brokers often come across clients about to be foreclosen upon (ie the owners looking for a way out). If you get in quick you could make an offer to the owner before they are foreclosed on. Once the bank gets hold of the property, they usually go to auction – as their can be no (or less) arguements about them selling it at a fair market price. So as Derek said, they may not always be value for money.

Terryw
    Discover Home Loans
    North Sydney
    [email protected]

Terryw | Structuring Lawyers Pty Ltd / Loan Structuring Pty Ltd
    http://www.Structuring.com.au
    Email Me

Lawyer, Mortgage Broker and Tax Advisor (Sydney based but advising Aust wide) http://www.Structuring.com.au

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

There is a mandate on banks to achieve market price on foreclosures.

There have been several cases where people have taken finance providers to court and won when the finance provider had sold a place quickly & below market rates. There’s even a case where a bank got in trouble for not adding a garage to a house to maximise the property’s market value for foreclosure.

So frankly don’t expect many great foreclosure deals in Australia.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Sonja,

I have heard the same about the UK with the explaination that their mortgagee in possesstion laws are much more liberal than ours.
    Considering the bouyancy of the Aust$ I have sudenly become interested in these so by replying to your post hope to bring it up to the top again to get any extra input by possible current investors.

Julia

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by Julia:

Considering the bouyancy of the Aust$ I have sudenly become interested in these so by replying to your post hope to bring it up to the top again to get any extra input by possible current investors.

I AM a current investor ;)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Aceyducey
    Please tell us more.
    Julia

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.