All Topics / Help Needed! / langwarrin victoria

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Profile photo of Millhouse_2Millhouse_2
    @millhouse_2

just bought a unit in langwarrin but have heard some bad news about the building quality in the area. does anyone know if this is true?

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Could you be a bit more general? I have also heard there are bad politicians in Canberra – could this be true?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Millhouse,

Without meaning to be so harsh – but that is a question you should have asked before buying the property. These pre-purchase issues + others are equally as important as checking the numbers.

Did you get a building inspection done? If so, what did the appropriately qualified, and licensed, inspector say?

He/she is/was in much better position to address the issue raised.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi Millhouse,

I have to agree with Derek, you really need to look into an area BEFORE you sign on the dotted line!

On a brighter note however, I have just purchased a property in Mornington, and Langwarrin is not far from same. Although it is set inland more, Langwarrin is a growing town, and still relatively close to the bay…so all in all….not a bad buy.

There will always be GOOD and BAD critics for anything, anyone and any place. At the end of the day, if you are happy with it….#$%^@ them !!!

Will the property make you money? Yes, well where’s the problem?

Cheers,

JO

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

P.S.

I was looking at a house once in an area, which “if you buy a house on this side of XXX street you are asking for trouble, but on the opposite side, they are sturdy” etc bla bla bla

Funny thing was….the houses on the “bad side” far exceed the sales prices of those on the good. Go figure???????????

If you are worried, get a building inspection done (albeit late, and should’ve been done before) but at least it will put your mind at ease.

JO

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

<<<<<building quality in the area>>>>

I live in the area – not Langwarrin but 15-20 mins drive. I have not heard any bad reports specifically about Langwarrin.

Worse case scenario you should be covered under home warranty insurance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.