All Topics / General Property / HUNTING DOWN +CF PROPERTIES

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)
  • Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

Hi all,

At the expense of sounding stupid, condescending or just plain ignorant, I have to express how I feel. Although, you all appear to be fairly cluey and astute investor types here….I have to wonder…

If there are POSITIVE CASH FLOW properties out there (albeit hard to find) how come they can only be accessed via certain people??? And what is the credibility of same?[blink]

I have been reading through some of the posts, and have been dumb-founded by people’s reactions to those who (like myself) have no idea where such properties live !!! [blink]Yeah sure, remote SA or “back-o-burke” or (better still let’s go international) NZ….[baaa]

That’s fine, for those who are prepared to take such risks, after all how much Capital Growth do you think a remote piece of estate is going to give you in outback no-where??? Some maybe, but as opposed to more inhabitated areas???? Sure populations grow, but how much in your life-time; enough for you to reap the rewards????

Look, I am not wanting to bag anyone (Steve included) for being successful. But I do think it is unfair to brush off those people who don’t share your views. I read one post, in which the poor girl only got one “straight answer” !!!

I am successful, and no, not with paying ridiculously low prices – gaining high rentals, but with fair prices, and fair rentals. SLOW yes, successful (in my eyes) – yes; will I ever become a BILLIONAIRE – probably Not. But I have a great life, work when I want, and am happy.

I don’t share the opinion of investing in “unseen” properties or that cheap properties in remote areas is necessarily abundantly profitable. But I also don’t fob anyone off either when asked a simple question!

I just purchased a 230,000 seaside property (value in itself for location), rental return 230 p/w – according to some in here, I should be getting 460 p/w for it to be +CF …. you have to be kidding me,right???? [laughing][lmao]

Jo

Success is a journey, not a destination

Profile photo of ANUBISANUBIS
    Participant
    @anubis

Hi Jo,

I agree with you about CF+. There is not much out there that I would consider quality or a great long term buy. I don’t respond to many of the posts personally as the same question is asked every 3 or 4 days.

Let me state this loud and clear – if people are scouring the country for quality CF+ they have missed the boat for instant riches or cash flow.

Now is not the time IMO to get leveraged to the eyeballs for a multitude of props in 1 horse towns returning a profit of $10 a week.

If you want to buy a quality property, in a quality location with good prospects for the future, based on sound investment principles (forget the 11 sec rule it is NOT an investment principle) then do it.

My opinions, which many will de-cry no doubt.

A.

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

OMG THE VOICE OF #@!&*%$ REASON !!!!!

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ANUBIS…..I thought I was the only one !!!

Jo

Profile photo of BEAR1964BEAR1964
    Participant
    @bear1964

There are still properties that meet the 11sec rule in areas of population of 20,000 plus.

Here’s a hint, look where Macdonalds, Hungry Jacks, KFC, Harvey Norman etc have put up shop in the last few years, they spend alot of money on research for growth area’s and Yes some ares where they have built recently are +ve and in Australia.

Regards Bear

POSITVE CASHFLOW properties and Joint Ventures available!
    For the BEST deals register via E-mail [email protected]
    DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

@monopoly

Hey Bear1964,

My son worked for HJ’s as a youngster, and many of his friends went onto management level….HJ, McDonald’s & KFC have close many of their doors…I know this for fact.

If people base their investments on fastfood outlets, they are a pretty sad munch, and I hope for their sakes, the townspeople never go on a diet !!! LOL

Jo

Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by Monopoly:

Hey Bear1964,

My son worked for HJ’s as a youngster, and many of his friends went onto management level….HJ, McDonald’s & KFC have close many of their doors…I know this for fact.

If people base their investments on fastfood outlets, they are a pretty sad munch, and I hope for their sakes, the townspeople never go on a diet !!! LOL

Jo

I hear what u r saying , but the trick is to go where they are just opening , not where they are shutting [wink]

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

I dont believe you are “stupid, condescending or just plain ignorant”.

But if you had fifty dollars given to you in cash every week in your hands and you had ten properties each returning $50, would it not be better to take the risk than to be giving that fifty dllars a week to the bank for a long long time.

“That’s fine, for those who are prepared to take such risks”

Should their be any risk if you have done your homework?

Because i spend countless of hours reasearching investment properties i find + cashflow properties every day and with minimal risk or none at all.

Its just a matter of time and once you make that first $50 you just go back for more.

Every one has a different strategy high growth or passive income, you just have to work out what you want to do and do it.
    Dom

@monopoly

Bear 1964 (if this is the year of your birth, you are a year my junior !!!)

I have ALWAYS purchased real estate based on proximity to amenities such as parks, gardens, beaches, schools, transport and yes, shops too! Fast food outlets come and go…parks, beaches etc are more appealing – especially to dieters!! LOL

Seriously, a good rule of thumb is access to PUBLIC TRANSPORT; tenants need to have car spaces (perferrably) but more importantly, for those without cars; the ability to get around on PT.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of FWFW
    @fw

Perhaps reality is that different solutions suit different people.
    If you’re negatively geared to the max and banks won’t lend you money, positive cashflow properties are a way of improving serviceability.
    If you’ve got cashflow but perhaps want the capital growth that tends to be elsewhere in order to leverage your investment dollar further, then you might buy a negative cashflow property for equity purposes.
    Long term success in any endeavour requires flexibility. Flexibility to change as the market changes, to change your plans and goals as circumstances require, and to use all the strategies that help to move you forward rather than being stuck in a rut of doing things one way because that’s the way you’ve always done it.

Keep smiling
    Felicity 8-)

@monopoly

But if you had fifty dollars given to you in cash every week in your hands and you had ten properties each returning $50, would it not be better to take the risk than to be giving that fifty dllars a week to the bank for a long long time.

Absolutely!!! However, how much do you owe for the ten properties? And who is going to pay of the debt; you or your kids after you’ve gone? And when you balance the amount of interest against the cash in your pocket, the sums aren’t as straight forward as some financial guru’s would have us believe.

Look, I appreciate your views and can respect your choice of operation. I do not object to anyone using whatever means they see fit to get them to their destination. My only gripe is….
    Please explain (I am not implying you directly here btw) that it DOES NOT WORK FOR EVERYONE.

Risk is fine (and healthy) but too much (like anything in excess) is DANGEROUS.

Jo

@monopoly

Sorry guys, I am not sure how to get that quote thingy happening, but anyway….

Yes Felicity, you’re absolutely right. Different strategies, and flexibility are the way to go.

DAAJ, that last post of mine was quoting you, as I said, I am not sure how to get the blue box around your comment to hightlight…sorry.

8-)
    Jo

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Monopoly,

I like your way of thinking you are cautious and ask all the right questions and in the long run it is your final say. I think it depends on how long you have been investing and what you know and dont know.
    I large amount of people post on this forum and i think the question asked the most is: “Where do you find Positive Cashflow Properties”

I buy and hold, i sell and i buy more with a larger deposit from proceeds of sale therefore converting – cashflow Investment property into + cashflow properties no matter where they are.

And that is only one strategy i use their are many more.
    So you dont have to hold for ever to move forward.But thats your choice.

I hope this helps a little.
    Cheers Dom[exhappy]

Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by Monopoly:

Bear 1964 (if this is the year of your birth, you are a year my junior !!!)

I have ALWAYS purchased real estate based on proximity to amenities such as parks, gardens, beaches, schools, transport and yes, shops too! Fast food outlets come and go…parks, beaches etc are more appealing – especially to dieters!! LOL

Seriously, a good rule of thumb is access to PUBLIC TRANSPORT; tenants need to have car spaces (perferrably) but more importantly, for those without cars; the ability to get around on PT.

Cheers,

Jo

Fair enuff, if its not for u , but i am telling u they are out there and givin u hints on how to find them, if u chose not to take the blinkers off as it doesnt suit u thats fine. But then please dont say they arnt out there. What u are really saying is they just dont meet your criteria.

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

@monopoly

Guess so Bear1964

Blinkers on and staying on I suppose; they have served me well thus far.

Oh well, guess I will be reading about your successes in the years to come. Either way…

Keep up the good work; whatever works for you.

Cheers,

Jo

Profile photo of nugennugen
    @nugen

Monopoly

In the last couple of years some cheap properties in country towns have had incredible capital growth. They generally have higher yields than city areas so I guess the investors there have the best of both worlds.

Nu Gen

@monopoly

I guess so Nugen,

But it’s not for everyone.

Such properties, contrary to beliefs, are become less available.

Jo

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Back on the original post – ANYONE can find cashflow positive property.

There’s no trick to it, just a lot of hard work.

I would NEVER pay someone to find me a property, as I have the skills to do it myself.

I encourage everyone else to do the same.

In the final analysis if YOU can’t assess and locate the right properties for you, trusting someone else to act in your best interest adds a lot of risk to the process.

Frankly one of the aspects I dislike about this forum in particular is the large number of people who are allowed to blatantly advertise that they can find you property. I see it as these people preying on a reasonably inexperienced group.

Of course – I know they see it differently :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Participant
    @bear1964
    Originally posted by Aceyducey:

Back on the original post – ANYONE can find cashflow positive property.

There’s no trick to it, just a lot of hard work.

I would NEVER pay someone to find me a property, as I have the skills to do it myself.

I encourage everyone else to do the same.

In the final analysis if YOU can’t assess and locate the right properties for you, trusting someone else to act in your best interest adds a lot of risk to the process.

Frankly one of the aspects I dislike about this forum in particular is the large number of people who are allowed to blatantly advertise that they can find you property. I see it as these people preying on a reasonably inexperienced group.

Of course – I know they see it differently :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Thats like saying because i choose not to mow my lawns that my lawn mower bloke is taking advantge of me!

I DONT THINK SO!!!!!!!!!!

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Participant
    @bear1964

Wonders what Ace does for a job? Is your service something that someone else can do?

Regards Bear

DONT MISS OUT!!!!!

Profile photo of richmondrichmond
    Participant
    @richmond

I believe Acey is in a position where he doesn’t have to work (for anyone else, anyway), since he’s a successful investor and dabbles in a few other projects (at least that’s what time lurking on the somersoft site tells me)…

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 31 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.