All Topics / General Property / No offer by agent ??????

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of ginamarreeginamarree
    @ginamarree

Hi all,

I have noticed previously how some members on the forum have been annoyed about agents not submitting offers to vendors.

Well I had the reversal of this happen to me just the other day – and I was absolutely FUMING !!![grrr]

I have property listed for sale with this particular agent ( note – after this friday he is GONE !!!!) and a Sydney investor contacted him to make an offer, my agent flatly refused to submit it & did not inform me of the offer until two weeks later – by this time the investor had purchased another property and therefore was no longer interested !!!!!

How crappy is that !!!
    Anyway I have new agent starting soon, so he’d better be more informative – I might just put it up for auction and see what happens.

Cheers
    Ginamarree[biggrin]

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

very crappy

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

Can I ask was the offer reasonably close to what you were expecting?

I agree though, get rid of him. An offer would have at least given you a start for negotiations.

Power on!

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Gina,

I am under the impression that the agent is required by law to present you with all offers. If you can prove that this didn’t happen then your agent may have a case to answer for. After all it is your property and it is you (not the agent) who determines whether or not it is acceptable.

A follow up call to your state based RE institute would be advisable to see what recourse (if any) you have.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of Misty1Misty1
    @misty1

My u/standing is too,that it is a legal req/mnt for all offers to be presented.But,i guess s/thing being a legal req/mnt doesnt stop rogues doing all sorts of things.The agent must of been thinking only of himself,not wanting you to accept a lower offer that wouldnt “line his pockets” as much as he had expected.Anyway,i had a thought,that may work for the future: Any offer that is made (whether u are buyer, or seller) should be put in writing (& possibly with anything else u may wish to negotiate for) & insist to the agent (as purchaser) that the vendor receives it,& signs that they have received it,& what their response is.Instead of the usual over the ph method,whereby the agent could always “diddle’ the offer.Also as a vendor, you could insist your agent GETS offers in writing.Just a thought.

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

“have been annoyed about agents not submitting offers to vendors.
    Well I had the reversal of this happen to me just the other day – and I was absolutely FUMING !!!”

Sorry how is this the reversal ??
    How did you find out ?? Did the buyers – would be’s contact you direct ??

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

ginamarree,

This is a breach of the REA Code of Conduct.

Report him to the Principle of the Agency & the state REI.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of AUSPROPAUSPROP
    Participant
    @ausprop

well the agent wouldnt be too affected if you sold it cheap, his fee would barely change. could it be possible that he was trying to act in your best interests? maybe he considered at the time that the best strategy was to hold them out for a higher opening offer… only it didn’t happen!

Profile photo of ginamarreeginamarree
    @ginamarree

Hi,
    ” AusProp” – I can understand what your saying – that he might have been looking out for my best interests, but don’t you think he should have mentioned it to me earlier, rather than waiting ?

In reponse to Jancrows comment, it was a reversal in the respect that some people have had agents refused to submit an offer – where as I am a vendor who did not have the opportunity to accept nor decline the offer as the agent neglected to tell me about it untill it was to late.[thumbsdownanim

Even if the agent thought that the offer might have been a bit on the low side, ” as RugbyFan said” I think he should of agreed to submit it anyway – then that way there could have been an opportunity to open up doors for negotiation, after all I am the vendor and it is up to me whether I accept it or not!! – I must mention, I also requested that the agent was to inform me of any offers, right from the word go – when I first listed the property with him.
    Anyway He’s gone now, I made him pick up his sign today!!![thumbsupanim]

Hopefully my new agent will be more informative!!!
    Cheers
    Ginamarree[biggrin]

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian

I used two agents for selling my property. i don’t worry they wouldn’t tell me the offer.

Try, It works.

Julian [strum][strum][strum]

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by AusProp:

could it be possible that he was trying to act in your best interests?

AusProp,

It’s unethical – bottomline.

it’s not the agent’s place to judge. If an agent EVER tried that on me I’d kick’em so far that they’d have to sell igloos.

BTW: Only ONCE had an agent refuse to take our offer to the Vendor – we said fine – went to the vendor direct. The vendor dismissed the agent & after the agreement expired we bought the property from them direct. Agent was not happy – but hopefully learnt their lesson.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.