All Topics / General Property / Financial Year Looming

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Hi[grad]ALL

General Discussion

The end of the Financial Year is Looming and The Aussie dollar i$ retreating…

What are your Plans ??

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of wejons1wejons1
    @wejons1

I am may be niave here Redwing … but if investing within Aus on property, how is the retreating dollar going to affect us.

Not trying to be smart or anything .. hopefully maybe learn something that I wasn’t aware of

wejons1

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Wejons,

A lot of ‘media experts’ are of the opinion that the inflated Aus $ of recent months was one of the reasons the Reserve Bank held off from raising interest rates. That along with the ‘interest rate slap’ of the end of the year did stifle some confidences around town.

The dollar retreating (against US$) tends to indicate a growing US economy and the increased likelihood for a rate rise in the US, amongst other things.

But back to Redwing, I have just fixed one of my loans for three years that ends its honeymoon period in the next few day to hedge against my interest rate predictions.

And – am currently tidying up books for the end of the financial year.

Derek
    [email protected]

Property Investment Support Available. Ongoing and never stopping. PM welcome.

Profile photo of BalliezBalliez
    Participant
    @balliez

I am looking for to getting some money back from the govt :D seeing as they take all of mine in tax [comp]

The weak will feed off of the strong until they are strong enough to be fed off of…

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

The Australian dollar seems to be holding it’s value against the Australian dollar pretty well so far Redwing.

But if you really want to sell some I’ll give you AU$0.90 for every AU$1.00 you want to exchange.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

My plan is to have my paperwork sorted so that I don’t wait until May next year (like I have this year) to do my tax return!

As I got a payout when I ‘finished’ work, they took more than half of it in tax – and I want it back![baaa]

Cheers
    Mel

Profile photo of redwingredwing
    Participant
    @redwing

Aceyducey..

Things seem to be changing as of late from what i read in the papers,A “pile’ of Dollar$ was wiped off the Stock market according to Saturday paper, Oil/Fuel prices rising, some shares retreating, just wondering if rates will rise again, i think maybe yes in a few months..

i’m sorting out Tax paper work, doing up babies room, working and sorting out next deal..

REDWING

“Money is a currency, like electricity and it requires momentum to make it Effective”
    Count The Currency With This Online Positive Cashflow Calculator

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey
    Originally posted by redwing:

Aceyducey..

Things seem to be changing as of late from what i read in the papers,A “pile’ of Dollar$ was wiped off the Stock market according to Saturday paper, Oil/Fuel prices rising, some shares retreating, just wondering if rates will rise again, i think maybe yes in a few months..

Does that mean you want to take me up on my offer? [biggrin]

The situation is ALWAYS changing…..it’s not worth stressing over :)

BTW, looking at oil prices, doesn’t it make sense to invest in energy stocks :)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of depreciatordepreciator
    @depreciator

I’m seeing my accountant this week as I do every May to work out what I need to do between now and June 30 to improve my tax position. I’ve paid a fair bit of tax this year, so pre-paying some of next year’s interest will be one outcome. And of course I’ll be whipping up some Tax Depreciation Schedules on properties I’ve bought in the last 12 months.
    Scott

Profile photo of melbearmelbear
    @melbear

Just spoke to my accountant this morning re my 02/03 tax return. He told me that I made a ‘loss’ of $120K on my properties in that year. Adding to some courses I am claiming, my taxable income for year 02/03 will be -$100K!! Woo hoo for me. Some huge losses to carry forward to this year where I’ve got a reasonable capital gain….. Plus earnt a big income due to being paid out my Rec Leave and LSL in one hit[:)]

Cheers
    Mel

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.