All Topics / Opinionated! / Procrastination

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Procrastination

The ingredients for a successful real estate deal are knowledge, finance, a suitable property, suitable economic conditions and ACTION.

So why is it that so many people who either have or are capable of obtaining the first four ingredients are so often sitting on their hands ?

Why is someone, who is perfectly capable of bringing off a particular deal, not acting on the opportunity ?

In essence, it is fear which stops us. Fear that something may go wrong.

And, yes, it is true, something may indeed go wrong just as it sometimes does for the doers, the successful operators.

So how can one overcome the inertia one may display ?

Rather than I giving a lecture (which probably will go in one ear and out another) it would be of much more benefit if those who have problems like this to do a bit of introspection and thence share their thoughts with all of us in a statement as it applies to them.

But before shooting off the mouth, ponder a bit about the subject first and only then start pressing the keys on your keyboard.

The subject is a worthy one. Even people who ARE busy doing deals may nevertheless still be in the situation where they do not ‘get the most out of themselves’.

In other words, unless one is a Donald Trump, probably all of us aren’t working at full capacity, full capability.

O.K., O.K., just in case we get an indignant response from someone I will change the words ‘all of us’ to ‘most of us’.

Pisces

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Pisces,

In other words, unless one is a Donald Trump, probably all of us aren’t working at full capacity, full capability.

O.K., O.K., just in case we get an indignant response from someone I will change the words ‘all of us’ to ‘most of us’.

I’ll have to agree – im one of the ‘most’ – im too much on this forum to be working at ‘full capacity.’

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

You know the saying George, ‘All work and no play makes …………..’

There isn’t anything wrong with a bit of diversion. Balance is what is required.

Pisces

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

nah – what’s the rest of that saying Pisces…….

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

Pisces,

As for me, I can suffer from procrastination, but I find when I *have* to do something, that is a great motivator. For example, when I have a project to do at work, and it HAS to be done, then I just do it! But too many choices bring out the procrastinator in me :) I am better off when I have no choice. So, for example, some people are told to give up smoking or they will die. That might be the motivation they need to stop procrastinating. Some people need crisis to move them along. Others just have intrinsic motivation, but go figure, I act more under pressure.

With regard to RE, I find I am more likely to act when I have to buy (as in paying too much tax etc) then when my finances are just moseying along.

Pisces, you said:

“Rather than I giving a lecture (which probably will go in one ear and out another)…”

I am wondering how you’ve overcome your procrastination (seeing you said you had a lecture, it seems like you’ve overcome the particular problem). I know in previous posts, you’ve said procrastination was an issue for you. I’d be interested in knowing what you’ve done to alleviate the procrastination problem.

kay henry

Profile photo of MonopolyMonopoly
    @monopoly

I agree with you PISCES….LOL

I have NEVER been too much of a procrastinator, not sure if that is a good or a bad thing. I have made mistakes, been burnt (literally – tenants torched one of my IPs!!!) but I am here to tell the story….LOL

I am 41 years of age, own my own home and 3 other properties OUTRIGHT …. no procrastination there !!!

If I can do it…..ANYONE CAN !!!!

Get up and make the deal !!!

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

The procrastinators will answer this soon- when they get around to it [laughing]

kay henry

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Kay I guess it is a process over time.

My main problem, more than anything else is that I put off necessary tasks like filing etc. And the price I pay is high (too high) as it takes me much more time to find things than if I were more organised.

On the other hand I don’t mind working long hours and I won’t complain about that, mainly because no one wants to hear me moan.

But seriously now Kay, I am trying but am not perfect as yet.

As far as the lecture is concerned I have taken great interest in trying to understand what motivates us (and as part of that why we often have a great lack of motivation), usually to our own detriment.

So, no, I am not perfect yet. but will let you know when I rweach that stage.

I have actually had a call from Bear who wanted to bottle it and sell it to those lazy sods who need it.

I don’t think motivation will work in a liquid form though. [wink]

Pisces

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Kay – what are you doing still working….

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

Procrastination is the assasination of motivation and goals realization [blink]

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Procrastination = Wisdom . A formula derived from one who has made mistakes and wont act until he has resolved all the lessons he has learnt and ………..considers the next move. Makes a decision and goes forth in confidence……….
    [blush2]

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Keymaster
    @piadmin

Jancrows said : Procrastination = Wisdom . A formula derived from one who has made mistakes and wont act until he has resolved all the lessons he has learnt and ………..considers the next move. Makes a decision and goes forth in confidence……….

That sounds a bit like rationalisation to me, an excuse for inaction.

How do others see this ??

Pisces

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I think im procrastinating now by delaying my work and chattin on this forum…

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious

I call it “Chicken” to scared to put your ballz on the line and have a go, plain and simple.

How much time do you need to make a decision? Well i guess that all depends upon the size of money to be won or lost doesn’t it? The neg’s v’s the pos’s? Fear of getting hurt and all that jazz, its the old sounds you hear in your head echoing from child hood “dont do this and dont do that”.[baaa]

Just do it![biggrin]

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

I’m too busy to have time to procrastinate.

I’ll do some of that tomorrow.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

….hehehehe…good one Acey…

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.