All Topics / General Property / Agent’s Offer ?????????

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of staffreid129310staffreid129310
    @staffreid129310

A real estate agent that I have previously bought a house from, has offered to liaise with another agent on my behalf for a property i’m interested in in the same area. I was wondering if there is a catch or should I take up the offer?[rolleyesanim]

Profile photo of PekoPeko
    @peko

It could work in your favour as you will have an agent working for you and not just the vendor. However make sure the agent is a good negotiator as the listing agent will only be getting half the commission he normally would. I personally like to deal directly with the listing agent as you are getting all information through one middle man and not 2. It all comes down to how much you trust the agent and if you know he’ll work hard for your best intersest or does he just have dollars signs in his eyes.

Cheers
    Andrew

Profile photo of Mortgage HunterMortgage Hunter
    Participant
    @mortgage-hunter

It will cost you the same but he will be getting a cut of the comission. He will be keen to see you buy it rather than you get the best deal.

Offer him an incentive to negotiate really low for you if you think he will be better at it than you maybe [cigar]

cheers,

Simon Macks
    Mortgage Broker
    http://www.mortgagehunter.com.au
    0425 228 985

Comments may not be relevant to individual circumstances. If you intend making any investment, financial or taxation decision you should consult a professional adviser.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.