All Topics / General Property / Darwin anyone?

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Profile photo of jamesRjamesR
    @jamesr

Hey, just wondering if there were any groups that meet in darwin and/or if there was anyone in darwin with experience who is willing to give advice.

Thank you for your time

James

PS I did try to search the forum for Darwin but got a large number of useless posts… well in reguards to group meetings that is.

Profile photo of DramDram
    @dram

Well, I’m in Darwin and have some knowledge but little experience. [biggrin] I don’t know of any groups up here.

Profile photo of shaunwalkershaunwalker
    @shaunwalker

i’m coming up to darwin in june to check my ip, am happy to meet up with you guys (and girls?) and let you in on a few things that i learnt the hard way.
    just email me if you want to catch up.
    cheers
    shaun

Lead, Follow or get out of the bloody way

Profile photo of jancrowsjancrows
    @jancrows

Hi all
    There is no formal “get together” that I have been able to gleen.
    We Territory folk are in the minority but that is okay because this is a great place to be and we dont want all to find out !!!
    [jealous]
    I am happy to meet up with forum folk locals or visitors. PM me so we can set something up.
    I think its an interesting market here at present.

Regards

“Do not follow where the path may lead. Go instead where there is no path and leave a trail” Ralph Waldo Emerson

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

Since it’s such a small group you should see about also pulling in people who post in other forums – you might end up with a larger group :)

(we’re doing that in Canberra ATM – it’s great cross-fertilisation)

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Profile photo of angel5angel5
    Participant
    @angel5

I think the notion of starting a group in Darwin is a great idea.

I am a new resident of Darwin and I am looking to invest in a residential property in the next 2 months. Any insight into the current market trends and current areas where I may find the best value for money coupled with future resale value would be much appreciated.

Angel5 [confused2]

Also, if anyone has any tips on what to look for in a property up here please could you let me know. Thanks!!!

Profile photo of SuperTedSuperTed
    @superted

Was up there 2 weeks ago for a holiday. Teh advertised rents appeared very good if you are investing, wheather they are getting them could be another story.

The overall population decline could be something to worry about if your a longer term CG type of player.

Nice place for a holiday but wouldnt live there, unless was on the big $$ cushey goverment job.

Profile photo of js2js2
    @js2

I wouldn’t mind going up there for a beer.

Profile photo of Property9Property9
    @property9

Hi David,

You may want to look up a club called the investors club,www.theinvestorsclub.com.au
    They have their own team of research people. Check out the site.

cheers
    Mark

Profile photo of MyydralMyydral
    @myydral

Super Ted, I am doing the same thing at the end of the month. What is there for a family of 4 to do for 8 days?

Wouldn’t mind meeting up with a few like minded people while I am there too.

Yam Seng ( Malaysian – cheers )

“Looking forward to the day when I can tell the boss where to go”

Profile photo of kpkp
    @kp

Its chinese…..Malaysia is populated by malays who are muslims, who are not allowd to drink alcohol,,,hence they have no cheers….
    I’m kidding…they do drink but thy’re not supposed to
    But it is chinese (yam seng)…

KP

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.