All Topics / Help Needed! / How Much to Paint a House?

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Profile photo of Stevie24Stevie24
    @stevie24

Hi Kay,

After being an ex-painter myself, i would say your quote was spot on. Remember when it comes to painting its all about quality.

Profile photo of flashflash
    @flash

misty 1 had some good advice
    as i am a painter i would recomend dulux,best quality grade
    choose wash and wear as most durable
    good luck

Profile photo of CeliviaCelivia
    Participant
    @celivia

Misty 1 said:A wild guess would be 2hrs p/coat/p- average sized wall. 0r 1 full day p/av. sized room.

2 Hours per coat per average sized wall for just 1 coat???
    Well yeh maybe when you’re painting with an eyeliner brush![party]

It never took us that long to paint one wall, I reckon you should be able to paint a whole room in this time, not just one wall!

It’s hard to say if the quote was fair, I would, as suggested above already, get 3 quotes.
    Details are needed, do only ceilings and walls need painting, or also e.g. wooden window sills/ doors/doorframes, skirtings, does any old paint need to be steamed off or is it OK to paint over as-is?
    I would make sure I’d get the details what they involve in the quote: what does it include, what brand are they using etc.[biggrin]

Profile photo of Brenda IrwinBrenda Irwin
    Participant
    @brenda-irwin
    Originally posted by flash:

misty 1 had some good advice
    as i am a painter i would recomend dulux,best quality grade
    choose wash and wear as most durable
    good luck

I just got the whole interior of my ip painted for just over $1000!

My tenant works for Dulux paints and could get it for a discount. He offered to paint the house he is renting from me.

I told the property manager to let him do one small room and then inspect his work. She said it was a terrific and neat job. So I told him to go for the lot!

PM report, the house looks great.[specool]

If you want to get out of a hole, first stop digging.

Profile photo of DDDD
    @dd

Quotes for painting a 2 bed townhouse ranged from $1900.00 to $2600.00. I had some time and did the job myself. You need 3 different paints, white for ceiling, a full colour for all the walls, and white gloss enamel for stairs(wooden)doors and trims. It cost me $650 in paint and tools. That included a 12 foot extender and cutting in tools.

Next paint reno will be quicker and easier from the experience and I co-ordinated all the other trades in the week I was there.

End result, a property that was previously getting $95/wk rent now gets $145 and it cost me $95k in December for this townhouse.

Do it yourself. Patching up after bad tenants is the hardest but you really get to know the property and its quirks very well.

Good luck

DD

Profile photo of AceyduceyAceyducey
    Participant
    @aceyducey

We tend to paint a 3-4 bedroom house inside & out for about $1,000 inc various required appliances.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Viewing 6 posts - 21 through 26 (of 26 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.