All Topics / Help Needed! / ON A ROLL

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of chrispatersonchrispaterson
    Participant
    @chrispaterson

Hi,

Just wanted to get an idea from someone what questions should I be asking the council where I am thinking of investing with regards to whether or not I can remove a current house from the property to replace with 2-3 town houses, would I need a survey or any other advice you can offer.
    Contacts or companies who do this for a living would also help.

Thanks Chris

Chris Paterson

Profile photo of RugbyfanRugbyfan
    @rugbyfan

The first question you need to ask the council is what is the area zoned for. If it is medium density or high density housing you are fine to start on your next questions.

Each council will have their own regulations regarding medium or high density housing. The best bet is to ring or visit the Town Planner (in council) to see what area of land is required for each development. This will tell you how many developments you can do on the block of land you have.

After that there is countless checks and questions that can be asked. Sewerage, storm water, connections to town water etc.

‘Eat rich food, barbeque a yuppie’ [greedy]

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Huge fees to hook into the services.Fees are not charged when there is only one residence but when you start talking multi they start asking multi $$$$.

Profile photo of SalubriousSalubrious
    @salubrious
    Originally posted by RussH:

Huge fees to hook into the services.Fees are not charged when there is only one residence but when you start talking multi they start asking multi $$$$.

it seem’s whenever there is an honest dollar to be made the vultures try and line their own pockets.[baaa]

“Dont be looking in your back yard for a four leaf clover when the opportunity of a lifetime could be knocking on your front door….” “Even though you may be on the right track, you can still get run over if you sit there long enough”

Profile photo of MTRMTR
    Participant
    @marisa

Hi there, currently doing the same you need zoning first and then a surveyor and finally your building quotes to find out whether it will be viable.

Also depends on your end plan, are you selling or holding. Need to look at similar properties in area what they are selling at etc.. Also beware that you do not build shoe box houses/units, as they will sell well below expectation and also harder to rent.

Drive around the area and check out other developments/builders who are actually doing the same. This will give you an idea on size etc.

Good luck

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.