All Topics / General Property / A Strategy Please…

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Profile photo of BenJonesBenJones
    Participant
    @benjones

I’m moving back home to Oz in a few weeks[thumbsupanim] and want to invest in IP pretty soon after getting there before settling down into full-time work.

As I won’t have a work history in Oz (but enough deposit money), what are my options or chances for getting a bank to back me? Will a LOC from my current property be possible under the same circumstances?

As I’d be looking for cf+ would they take that into account etc?

Anyone had similar experience or able to offer some strategic advice?

Profile photo of DerekDerek
    @derek

Hi Ben,

I recommend you get in touch with one of the mortgage brokers who regularly post here as they are in a better positon to provide accurate comment.

Having said that, as a rule of thumb, there is a lender out there who will loan you the money, but sometimes at a cost of increased interest rates. Often, however these can revert back once you have established a ‘good record’ with them – or at worst – you can refinance onto a lender with more user friendly interest rates.

Derek
    [email protected]

Read my comments? Think I can help you? PM or email me.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

if you’ve got enough for a deposit and more – it should be ok still – just try getting the banks to take that specific property as security for the loan. also show them the lease contract showing that it is +CF and self-payable by the tenants. Banks take 80% of the rental as income towards paying off the loan.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.