All Topics / Opinionated! / Had it with agent GRRRRRRRRRR

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Well he finally p***** me off so much I put my own 4 sale sign up.
    Then he asks me to take it down as he says its making it hard for him to sell my house because someone might walk in off the street and he misses a sale.Well I told him he has had 6 months to get off his butt and do something and he hasnt so I told him not to whinge about it.
    He said he has been so busy his feet havent touched the ground.Well he must be busy doing something other than selling houses because ours is the only one under 200k and i,ve only seen him once in 6 months.
    It makes me wonder what a RE agent does for a social life.They cant have many friends because I havent found one that I like yet.[angry2]

Profile photo of AdministratorAdministrator
    Keymaster
    @piadmin

Is he promoting it other than by having a photo in his window ?

Perhaps you ought to offer to pay for the advertisements ?

Also, sometimes an agent may, naughty, naughty naughty, use a particular house to make another house look more attractive.

Does your property look attractive from the street ?

If he has taken just the one person though over the last six months he can hardly object to you yourself getting involved as well.

Perhaops the problem is that the town is so small that there just aren’t a lot of prospective purchasers.

Have you tried to promote the property on websites ?

Pisces

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

<<<<<ours is the only one under 200k>>>>>

If its not price, then what else can it be? If its priced correctly it should sell itself.

Mr thinks its price. If its been in the agents window and still not sold its price. People know value for money.

Profile photo of kay henrykay henry
    @kay-henry

If it’s for sale on realestate.com.au it will get sold, Russ. I send half my life on there, and so do many people. If you live in a small town, the locals may not be able to buyt the place, so it’s other people who may. In 2004, ya godda have it for sale on the net.

kay henry

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Its really very easy to get a rea working hard.

IMHO, there are only two ways. Firstly, get some bailing twine, a telephone, baseball bat and a cattle prod. Abduct and tie up all the rea family, relatives, and friends (the last is the easiest, due to the minimal numbers involved). After they are all tied up, break all of his bones with the baseball bat, leaving the index finger of the right hand unscathed. Start using the fully charged electric cattle prod to get the rea over his mental block of getting on the phone to prospective clients. After he starts ringing, success will follow.

Alternatively, (and this works great when a sole agency is soon to expire/has expired), have him round for a chat. Okay, the house is 200k, and he is probably taking 3% commission, ie six grand. His pay will be 40% of that, ie four grand. Remind him that if he sells the house, he gets four grand in the hand, if not, he gets nothing. Ask him what he will be doing, and watch the little bastard like a hawk. Gentle reminding and name dropping of other agents is very persuasive. You have the upper hand in that the sole agency ( I assume you had three months) has expired, and you can get rid of him quicker than last nights extra hot vindaloo.

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Looks like Mr T will be vf 20% of the purchase price for 2 years. At least then he will-

get 80% of the price he wants
    avert a meltdown for a couple of years
    keep a few units for himself . He usually keeps a few as serviced apartments/rentals, as it is very handy to control the body corporate!

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Its been advertised on the net and in the paper.
    Lots of houses have sold at a higher price than ours and with less to offer.
    It does have one drawback in that it is on the main road into town.And opposite the seniors caravan park.But it is not a very busy road.
    I think the agent has a bad feeling for this house.I remember when he sold it to us it was the last one he took us to.And he said from the start that we wouldnt like it as it was too small.Well we did like it but I think he still views our house badly.

@kay-henry

Russ,

Is there another RE in town? Perhaps oyu can let this contract expire and wait until you can find another RE. Then ask them their *strategy* for selling your house, so that they have to develop a plan. Most decent RE’s should have a list of buyers. Ask a new RE if they do.

It’s likely you’ll have to pay for the advertising to hte first RE agent (bummer). That will be about $1000 I reckon.

You have already put the website on this board in another post. That’s 40,000 investors who might be interested.

kay henry

@kay-henry

Russ,

I’ve just answered my own questions by going back to your original post about the property (“What do you think of my garden?”)

So the place is 163k and will rent for $150. That’s about a 4% return. I also saw that you’ve had it listed with both agents in the town. Is the other one still working for you?

Why don’t you advertise it on the Somersoft.com forum. They have a “caveat emptor” forum there where you can advertise your home. You’ll have to provide details such as land size, house size in squares or square metres, details of any reno’s, capital growth history and prospects of Dongara, etc etc. They’ll ask you those questions anyway, so may as well provide them straight up.

hey’re more into negative gearing on Somersoft, so your house will probably be attractive to them- if the capital growth prospects add up.

kay henry

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

Thanks for the advice.We are so keen to make a move and do something different.I personally move about every 4 years so I dont get too bored.Its a good way of seeing the country too.
    Russ.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.