All Topics / Legal & Accounting / Investing in NZ Property as a Non-Resident

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of bardon_2bardon_2
    Participant
    @bardon_2

I am both Australian and British citizen resident of Australia seeking the best structure to invest in NZ properties. I have an Australian structure but it deos not appear to be the best method of investing in NZ.

Anyone got any suggetsions/contacts on how to set up an NZ structure that will allow me to buy properties in NZ and distribute profits to Australain residents ?

Profile photo of JuliaJulia
    @julia

Bardon,
    The best Australian vehicle for flexability to distribut the profits on an NZ property is a discretionary trust. Any structure set up in NZ would still require the income to be taxed in Aust if it was paid to Aust citizens
    For information on owning overseas properties down load the overseas booklet from http://www.bantacs.com.au The NZ property will be treated pretty much the same as an AUst property for tax purposes so also down load the rental property booklet.

[email protected]

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Hi Bardon,

We have set up a NZ resident structure, and feel that it is best for us.

I think when ever you want to distribute profits to Aust. residents, you’d probably come under Aust Tax law. We are using our NZ properties as a set & forget type investment – for now anyway…

Good luck,

Del

I’m off to NZ again, to search for more GREAT +ve cashflow deals.
    If you’re interested in hearing about any quality deals then PM me for details!! This is a genuine offer.

Profile photo of wilandelwilandel
    @wilandel

Forgot to add:

Try: http://www.cookadam.co.nz

Phil Mulvey – based at Invercargill.

If you’d like a good accountant to discuss things thru in Victoria, then PM me.

Regards,

Del

I’m off to NZ again, to search for more GREAT +ve cashflow deals.
    If you’re interested in hearing about any quality deals then PM me for details!! This is a genuine offer.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Before you set up the stucture, I would investigate properties first as I see no point in spending so much time and money to set up a Trust or any other structure only to not purchase any properties…

Either way, try speaking with Westan or Muppet – they might have some good answers. They’re based in NZ and Westan used to be a Victorian….

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.