All Topics / General Property / Ok…Now what happens?

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

[baaa]
    Have put in an offer, it was accepted, have applied for finance, have pre-approval shall find out for full approval on Monday, valuation is done, building inspection done, termites done, ummmm… What happens next?

I feel like I’ve got my thumb up my date waiting for things to happen…Settlement has been set up for 5th June.
    cheers
    steph.

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

once finance is approved – take contract to solicitor. If all is done, I wouldn’t wait till 5th June but settle early, put tenants in there (that is if it is an investment property) and start reaping the rewards immediately.

If you are going to do maintenance to it, ask for early access to the property before settlement to do what you like to the property.

Kind Regards,
    George.

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of ScreminScremin
    @scremin

cheers george, but this joint is gonna be ours for awhile. Sick of paying off someone elses mortgage. Thinking 5th June maybe too far away as well… we shall just have to wait and see….

Success is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration.

Profile photo of JetDollarsJetDollars
    Participant
    @jetdollars

Scremin,

Hope it’ll go well for you. I have a bit of a problem 1.5 weeks ago with one of my property. Everything was done and the finance was approved provide that the valuation on the security property is done, but toward the last minute everyone (solicitor, bank, …) called and emailed me they are still waiting for the valuation. Lucky I can to contact with one of the valuer and at the end of the day there was only 1 day late in settlement.

I don’t think 5th June is very long because you have much time to do thing smoothly. Just sit back relax and wait for the financial approval and then contact the r/e and your solicitor to inform then what’s happening.

Kind regards

Chan Dollars
    [Retire Young, Retire Rich] [strum]

Profile photo of aluminatialuminati
    Participant
    @aluminati

Just wait now for your financial inst. to send you your motgage contract to sign, suggest you do this at the solicitors to make sure everthing is hunky dory, they will also send a transfer of land form to sign. You can inspect the propetry at anytime 7 days before settlement up to settlement. Isuggest you do this to make sure all the fittings and the like are still there. Make sure the property is insured in your name for full valuation. If in victria vendor will probably send you a section 27 to sign. Thats up to you to do that. The S27 is just so your deposit can be discharged to them if you have paid one. Then just sit back and wait try not to think about it too much.
    Get your agent to advertise now fo tennents to say the prop will be available beg of june.
    Good luck
    aluminati

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.