All Topics / General Property / I thought they help so be careful

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I thought they – the Bank – would help. BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

what a headache…this is my morning experience.

first told the boss I need half an hour off work to go and settle on a property becuase if I don’t – the Vendor’s can sue me. So he agreed.

Left work planning on going to the Bank meeting the settleing agent, handing him the cheque and leaving. That’s exactly what I was told I need to do by my solicitor. I Arrived and waited for the agent to arrive. When he did, he informed me that my cheque would not be accepted. Why? Because it was NOT a Bank cheque – just a normal personal cheque. OK fair enough – then why didn’t my solicitor tell me that.

The agent said I must go to the nearest CBA Bank and get them to convert it to a Bank Cheque. Walked to the nearest bank and asked them to convert it. They said they can’t because it requires two signatures. I asked them to call the other CBA Branch to get them to fax the two original signatures to that branch in the city. Would you believe what they said. They said NO – they can’t and that I have to call them. After calling them and getting them to fax the signatures through – I then had to deliver the new cheque to the settling agent.

By the time all that was done – was I late for work – you bet ya and quite dissapointed aswell.

MY POINT: BANKS DO NOT HELP[angry2] – let me repeat that -BANKS DO NOT HELP[grrr] – let me repeat that again – BANKS DO NOT HELP!!![sick3]

They are meant to be for the people – they rely nothing now on people only on money – it makes me[puke].

Please Be careful – when you go to the Banks – times have changed and no-one knows the Bank Manager and the Bank manager knows no-one. I must say – there are the minority of decent staff but the Banks principles have all gone wrong!

“If You never never ask, you’ll never never know”

Profile photo of kinkso0o0okinkso0o0o
    @kinkso0o0o

yea, my girlfriend had a similar dilemma when purchasing a car, as in they needed a bank cheque…

but to the banks defence, security is a big thing for them, especially in this day and age…but you do get the odd bank teller are pretty anul on a powertrip…

oh well, as long as the deal went through in the end [biggrin]

In theory, there is no difference between practice and theory, in practice, there is….

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

<<<Because it was NOT a Bank cheque – just a normal personal cheque>>>

Would you sell your car and accept a personal cheque instead of a bank cheque.

Come on now, look at yourself for a second and dont blame the Bank. Its not always someone elses fault.

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

Hi Yack,

the nest 3 words after that sentence were ‘OK fair enough’ I understood that it had to be a Bank Cheque – my dissapointment was that Banks do not help as they use to – there money hungry – not people satisfaction hungry…

Profile photo of yackyack
    @yack

Well maybe a branch level – I just virtually had my relationship manager begging me not to see a Mortgage Broker until we see them.

I must admit at branch level they s#$t me.

Profile photo of blondie_becblondie_bec
    Participant
    @blondie_bec

I believe that the problem is with customer service, we just don’t get the old fashioned attention and service we are used to.
    I remember when you would come out of a place and say, “Wow what was her problem, must be a bad day” [angry2]after receiving poor or unfriendly service… where as now I find myself coming out saying, “Now she was nice wasn’t she, she helped out so much”.[happy3] It’s a pity that it’s now the good service I pin point rather than bad. I find that it is a rarety now to go into a place and get above average service because lets face it the average has dropped…….
    Don’t get me wrong there are a lot of people who are really good at it and I used to be in hospitality so I know how hard it is but I believe that the majority are letting us down.

Just my 2 cents worth anyway……. sorry for your experience geo and hope you have better luck next time!![daisy]

-Blondie[cowboy]

You’ll never know if you don’t give it a go!

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

i agree with both of you Blondie and Yack

Profile photo of pelicanpelican
    @pelican

It’s an issue of :

1) lack of communication by Banks & your solicitor
    2) Banks still acting like a civil service ( no offence to any civil servants out there )

Big, inflexible monoliths…..

One of these decades, maybe they’ll learn about true customer service…. sad thing will be, no more customers left…… [biggrin]

Scott

Pelican Investments
    http://www.pelican-invest.com

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I totally agree Pelican – it is sad – very sad for the lack of customer service out there…[glum]

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

When ever I go into a bank these days I ask if they are going to charge me extra if I use there over the counter service.
    If they say yes I politely tell them where to get off and that they should be ashamed to work for such an institution.
    Banks are the biggest ripp off alongside insurance agencies.
    People unite and tell them where to go and we would all be better off.
    They did it in Canada and won so why cant we.

Profile photo of wrappackwrappack
    @wrappack

Oh, you lot do complain and bitch a lot about nothing dont you? With your bank bashing, australias second national sport (after telco and net whinging)

Well, here then is the most positive story I can relate to you about my bank, the glorious institution of WESTPAC

We (the better half and me), had a cheque to deposit with our glorious westpac bank. Not any cheque, mind you, not a dodgy smeared potentially bouncy personal cheque, mind you. It was a real cheque, a real bank cheque. So we wished to deposit it into our westpac account, and to access the funds immediately, because, bank cheques are as good as cash, or so we are led to believe. Indeed, this fine cheque was embellised with a prominent bank name, beginning with a red W. Westpac was the name of the cheque, the provider of the cheque, the recipient of the cheque, and yet, due to the high standards of customer (dis)service, they would not clear the cheque straight away.

And, as I say , this is one of the more positive aspects of dealing with my (ex)bank westpac.

Profile photo of RussHRussH
    @russh

After reading Money Secrets Of THe Rich one gets a brand new perspective on banks and their dealings.I take great pleasure in dealing with my bank now.$#@%$#%#$ lowlifes.

Profile photo of TedTed
    @ted

Have you tried dealing with a mortage broker. My man is wonderful. We have purchased 4 properties. From start to finish, easy as. He is a jewel that I wouldnt be without.

Chalk it up to experience and take your well earned money to someone who gives a s__t…

Profile photo of JulianJulian
    @julian
    Originally posted by yack:

<<<Because it was NOT a Bank cheque – just a normal personal cheque>>>

Would you sell your car and accept a personal cheque instead of a bank cheque.

Come on now, look at yourself for a second and dont blame the Bank. Its not always someone elses fault.

Exactly, What I feel.

THERE IS ALWAYS A BETTER WAY!

Profile photo of elveselves
    @elves

I dont like banks either.
    I spend most of my lunch time, infact nearly all of it, standing in a queue for service, what service?
    I use internet as much as possible, but sometimes you need the counter service.

my dramas this week was trying to open a NZ bank account. The bank here was far far from helpful, one lady did all she could and finally restored my faith in a bank. But not the other staff, who sit and ignore you waiting there.(ANZ)

I banked with many over the years:
    In business it was the state bank (before COM took em over). They nearly cost me a business.

year later I approached several: ANZ, Westpac, Commwealth NAB to no avail. I was staring a niche business.
    1)Commonwealth said I would never make it.
    2)Westapc said yes then backed down

3)the others no way

I then approached State, yep ok. The got car lease, only to find the last payment not deducted, and the car was about to be repossessed! I hit the roof with the new manager in front of all staff as she had humiliated me in public. (sorry day for her) It was their ERROR.

I cancelled my account. Headed to the bank that said I would never make it. Six years later, and his family regular customers made me laugh!

Now I use Westpac, not for the bank, but for my bank manager. he is brilliant, now westpac have limited my endeavours so I told him they are about to lose me, he said if I need anything give him a call and he will help me. he told me to shop around. I love this bank manager for the individual treatment I get, the loyalty and the service. Yes he calls me back!

But there is no bank for service, I hate paying a fee for something that is disgusting!

” a blind man may see what a sighted man may not”

Profile photo of salacioussalacious
    @salacious

Its not easy to make money.[buz2]

Profile photo of geogeo
    @geo

I think we need to open up our own bank where we serve eachother and lend eachother loans…St. George Bank did it…

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic. If you don't have an account, you can register here.